- getting a request from a dream agent for a full manuscript
- receiving an offer of representation from said agent
- hearing the news that an offer (for actual money) has been made by a publisher
- signing the contract with publisher
- AND seeing the cover art for your book.
And just in case you have no idea what my book is about, here's the cover copy:
In sunny southern California, Ruby Rose is known for her killer looks and her killer SAT scores. But ever since her dad, an LAPD SWAT sergeant, died six months ago, she’s also got a few killer secrets.
To cope with her father’s death, Ruby has been trying to stay focused on school (the top spot in her class is on the line) and spending time with friends (her Jimmy Choos and Mahnolo Blahniks are nothing if not loyal), but after months of therapy and more than a few months of pathetic parenting by her mom, District Attorney Jane Rose, Ruby decides to pick up where her dad left off and starts going after the bad guys herself.
But when Ruby ends up killing a murderer in defense of another, she discovers that she’s gone from being the huntress to the hunted. There’s a sick mastermind at play, and he has Ruby in his sights. Ruby must discover who’s using her to implement twisted justice before she ends up changing Valentino red for prison orange.
With a gun named Smith, a talent for martial arts, and a boyfriend with eyes to die for, Ruby is ready to face the worst. And if a girl’s forced to kill, won’t the guilt sit more easily in a pair of Prada peep-toe pumps?
- You can PRE-ORDER it HERE (official pub date is May 1, 2014).
- And add it to your Goodreads HERE.
- And just for lookin', and pressing a few buttons, you can enter to win a $25 Amazon gift card:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Jessie With A Shot At The Night
P.S. Thank you to my publisher Skyscape/Amazon Children's for nailing the cover! I love it so hard. Also, thank you to Elana Johnson and all my blogging peeps out there who have helped me reveal Ruby Rose to the world.