Friday, March 14, 2014

Finally Friday: Vision Boards

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Friday, March 14, 2014
  • __3__ Gratitudes (Oreo cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory, a dad who is only embarrassed of me part of the time but mostly proud of me, and finding out my favorite HS teacher is now the principal at the elementary school up the street)
  • _2__ Units of Caffeinated (or otherwise non-water) Beverages (have you ever drank chocolate milk out of a wine glass to feel fancy? I have ;)
  • __1 hr_ Spent Writing (tried to get up at 5:45 am to write because I knew it was the only time I'd get to, but it didn't happen)
  • _0__ Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (I made up for it by offering four different kinds of cheesecake to eat instead)
Ever heard of a "Vision Board?"

Well, Oprah has! If you're interested in her version of how to create one read HERE.

Or if you are more of a Pinterest kind of person, check out sample Vision Boards HERE.

Or just Google the dang term, and you'll get lots of interesting information.

Essentially, what a "Vision Board" is to me is this: A poster board in which I cut and paste images, draw designs, script quotes, and essentially visualize the things I want in my life. Last year I made this one:

It's not my best work (especially compared to some of those insane Pinterest ones!), DON'T JUDGE ME! What went down was I threw a "Vision Board Party" at my house last year and invited a bunch of friends, told them to bring magazines, printed out images, and ideas. I provided the boards, the scissors, the glue, a five minute tutorial, and we laughed our way through the night. Then I put mine on the shelf by my bathroom sink and bathtub where I spend a great deal of my time in the mornings and at night. The idea is to see these images everyday and have your dreams, goals, and positive ideas in your face, reminding you what you really value. IT'S THE POWER OF POSITIVE THOUGHT.

I wholeheartedly endorse this tool as a way to focus your intentions, find happiness, and have all your wildest dreams come true.

Who wants to do one with me?

Love,
Jessie With A Shot At The Night

2 comments:

  1. I do! I've meant to do one for quite a while, but never have. But I don't want to make one virtually with you, though. I want to do one in person with you. The whole Vision Board Party shebang, including tutorial and laughing through the night, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Peggy! I love the party idea. I've been needing to make a vision board forever. Loved the links too.

    ReplyDelete