But thing that makes me most happy about today is that it's MY day to host a stop on my girl, Christina Farley's blog tour:
So I was originally supposed to put together an amazing video blog, but like the Big B-word that I am...I Bailed and decided to do a Letterman-esque Top Ten list. Don't worry this will be way better...
Top Ten Things I Love About Christina Farley:
10. She is beautiful. Like truly stunning. As in drop dead gorgeous. Check her out:
9. She also happens to be beautiful on the inside--I've been very lucky to be the recipient of much of her generosity, kindness and support in this last year. Last month I was able to visit her in her hometown of Orlando where we met up to bond over Ghiradelli chocolate and very similar publishing journeys. Basically we are best friends forever now:
(P.S.Erin Summerill was also wanting bff status with Christina)
(P.P.S. the "Timeless Pleasure" sign is a bit creepy, no?)
7. She's a teacher and has an awesome Study Guide for her book and tons of useful information for other teachers. Check it out HERE.
6. She's a world traveller. In fact, because she lived and worked in Korea as a teacher for many years, she's got some serious cred as an author who chose to set her book there.
5. She's a go-getter. So organized, so driven, so energetic, I'm convinced there's nowhere she won't go and nothing she can't do. From being a ballerina to training in martial arts, she's amazing.
4. She's worked as a character actress at DisneyWorld, though I can't tell you which characters or else I'll have to kill you. Let's just say that she does those elegant princess fingers really well.
3. Her book trailer gives me goosebumps:
2. She's my debut pub sister, meaning both our books are coming out in 2014 from Amazon Children's Publishing/Skyscape. There's actually four of us who have joined forces Power Rangers-style. I think Christina would be the red ranger, I'd be the yellow one, Lori Lee the green one, and Meredith McCardle the pink one. And we don't have a blue one, because we ain't got no dudes in our group. We should get a dude. We should also get a poster like this for our tour we are doing in the Fall, and have it read "Skyscapers: YA Warriors"...
1. Her book GILDED is amazeballs. It's a transporting story full of fascinating mythology, endearing characters, and high adventure. I seriously feel smarter for having read it! There's a reason that it's ranked #1 on Amazon.com in like a billionty categories...
Add it to Goodreads: www.goodreads.com/book/show/16173250-gilded
Check Christina out all over the place!
And lastly, enter for a chance to win a Kindle and other cool stuff:a Rafflecopter giveaway
Jessie With A Shot At The Night