Monday, March 31, 2014

Killer Monday: I Just Might Die

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Monday, March 31, 2014
  • __3__ Gratitudes (sand between the toes, fresh ocean breeze, blazing sun sizzling my skin)
  • __2__ Units of Caffeinated (or otherwise non-water) Beverages (Big Gulps on the Beach...some of my favorite B-words)
  • __3 hrs  Spent Writing (getaways with only one kid helps)
  • _0__  Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (justification of the day: vacay)
So it turns out, planning for a debut book launch ain't no joke. Lots to do. In such a little time. Yada, yada.  But I have to say that one of my favorite areas of planning so far has to be:

WHAT TO WEAR to the party! It's a big deal! 

And I can't very-well go schlepping around the party in my stretchy pants (a la Nacho Libre sans cape and mask)

...and my running shoes (like Forrest Gump sans short-shorts and beard)


...like I do most days.

I have a duty to get gussied up. An obligation to put "my best foot forward." And how better to do that, than with:

SHOES...BEAUTIFUL SHOES!...OH, GLORIOUS, WONDERFUL SHOES! BUT WHICH ONES?

There's the :
Valentino Couture Bow D'Orsay Pump


Christian Louboutin 120 mm Pigalle Spikes


Jimmy Choo 'Lottie' Sandal

And of course, there's always the classic:

  Prada Peep Toe Pumps


How do I choose? What's a girl to do? 

These shoes are all just so killer that I think I might die!

Love, 
Jessie With A Shot At The Night

P.S. STAY TUNED FOR TOMORROW WHEN I WILL FINALLY BE ABLE TO ANNOUNCE A SECRET THAT I'VE BEEN HOLDING ONTO FOR MONTHS!!! HINT: IT'S WAY MORE KILLER THAN THESE SHOES, AND THAT'S SAYIN' SOMETHING.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, those shoes are gorgeous, but they make my feet hurt just looking at them. Good luck w/ that book launch. And can't wait to see your secret.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessie-- you are such a tease! Tell us already! :)

    And I say go for the gold! (Shoes, that is.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shoes! And I can't wait to hear your secret!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get that corn out of my face! Jessie, you are amazing :). I really really really want to be there in person, but if I can't escape from the floods of Washington, I hope you will post pictures of the whole event!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the red valentinos are pretty freaking amazing. and i can't wait to hear your news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wear a black dress and swap shoes out every hour! It'll save you from getting blisters, as a bonus. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh! Tell me now! I'm terribly impatient. ;) Also, I vote that you wear all the shoes. . . It will be like when the big stars change their dress four times. You can just change your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I'm definitely between the Valentinos and the Pradas, but I'm leaning toward the Valentinos. Let me meditate for a moment. Ohmmmmm. Got it. Yeah, I vote those beautiful, beautiful Valentinos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That one is easy for me. PRADA PUMPS. Everyone knows that Choos will kill your feet. The Valentino's are pretty spectacular, though... MAN tough decisions... I'm more of a Cole Haan simple platform pump girl, lol. Or Chucks ;-)

    ReplyDelete