Monday, March 10, 2014

Killer Monday: Planning A Killer Book Launch Party

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Monday, March 10, 2014
  • __3__ Gratitudes (hot tubs, dance parties, ice cream sundae bars--strawberry IC w/ coconut topping? Yes. vanilla IC with toffee chips? Yes. chocolate IC with caramel syrup? H yes.)
  • _2__ Units of Caffeinated (or otherwise non-water) Beverages (Slurpees are my friend, Slurpees are my pal...)
  • __5 hrs_ Spent Writing (finally back on track)
  • _1__ Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (prepared a picnic at the park full of apples, carrots and other healthy delights)
First of all, thank you so much to everyone who participated in the cover reveal for my book, KILLING RUBY ROSE this last Friday, and thank you to all those who commented, tweeted, shared, etc., you have no idea how grateful I am for all your positivity and support. Mwah! xoxo

Second of all, congratulations to Lisa Richards for winning a $25 Amazon gift card via the Contest Reveal Contest.

And third of all, let's get down the nitty gritty:

PLANNING A KILLER BOOK LAUNCH PARTY

It's crunch time, people. This whole writing-a-book-and-then-waiting-a-million-years-to-see-it-published-thing is ALMOST over. This is happening! More specifically this is happening:
(actual dates and other important detail will be announced soon)

The Friday Night Book Launch Event at the Container Park: (5:00-7:00 p.m. open to the public):
  • World debut of my book trailer produced by j.j. Huckin (click this link--if you die in ten minutes seeing his work might be the highlight of your life...just sayin')
  • Murder mystery scavenger hunt with local vendors
  • Prize giveaway (including publisher provided Kindle Paperwhites, copies of book, swag, local vendor donations, Amazon gift cards, etc.)
  • I'll talk about something (hopefully relevant, inoffensive, inspiring and/or coherent) 
  • Vegas band A Crowd of Small Adventures will play (including an original Killing Ruby Rose song)
  • Book signings by me! Cuz' I'll have actual books in my hands :)
  • Photo op with hired models playing the part of main characters Ruby and Liam in front of a beach backdrop
  • Ruby Rose ice cream & water will be sold to benefit the local arts high school, Las Vegas Academy
  • Top Ten Finalists of the Clark County School District high school writing contest ("Killer Storytelling Writing Contest") 
  • And much, much more. Food, entertainment, adult-sized slides...Seriously this is going to be a night packed full of fun!

The Saturday Night Benefit Concert Event at the Inspire News Café Theater: (6:00-8:00 p.m. exclusive event for only 150 selected individuals)

  • Top Ten Finalists of the writing contest attend with two extra tickets for parents/chaperones
  • Awards Presentation (winner and runners-up announced among finalists, pages read aloud, prizes given (Kindle Paperwhites pre-loaded with Killing Ruby Rose, laptop set for student/teacher, signed copies of KRR, etc.)
  • Check presented to School District Literacy Program for all money raised by event to benefit Author School Visit Fund
  • Various musicians and authors will perform (I hope to do the big reveal on this info very soon because it's going to be amazeballs!)

While I realize these kind of events aren't exactly "traditional" for an author's debut book launch, I've never been much of a "traditional" kind of girl. I truly feel like the stars have aligned for me, with the reinvigoration of Downtown Las Vegas and partnering up with Downtown Projects (who are some of the most talented, creative, and generous people I've ever had the pleasure to meet), with the local school district supporting me as an author, with friends and family willing to bend over backwards to help me make a splash, it's all so exciting. 

More to come.

Love,
Jessie With A (So Close I Can Taste It) Shot At The Night

12 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing. Now I'm going to take a nap because it also sounds exhausting, haha. So excited for you, Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you're not so traditional. :) And I can't wait until your launch! You are amazing. This is going to go down like nothing else anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it sounds terrific. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds fantastic. Sometimes it's good to think out of the box. Hope it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab line up. I wish I lived in Vegas so I could cheer you on at every event like the groupie I am. You'll sign my bra next time I see you, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally gonna be there! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds amazing! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds amazing! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so thrilled for you, your book, and this launch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is this next Friday??? I so want to be there!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well hot dang! Go big or go home, right? Awesome stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats it all sounds so amazing. I will be there in spirit.

    ReplyDelete