Monday, March 24, 2014

Killer Monday: So Many Killer Things

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Monday, March 24, 2014
  • __3__ Gratitudes (restful Sundays, family down the street, coincidental/ironical/serendipitous miracles)
  • _3__ Units of Caffeinated (or otherwise non-water) Beverages (not even trying to kick my Mexican Coke in the glass bottle habit quite yet)
  • __a zillionty hrs_ Spent Writing (not really writing, but typing things on my laptop, to people, about things, regarding events...)
  • _0__ Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (but I helped do the dishes at my mom's after her Sunday Spaghetti feast, that's gotta count for somethin')
Holy hell nuts. Mother of f...ather. Son of a...well, no need to sugarcoat that one since Friday's post wherein my 5 yo called me out on using the real B-word more than I realized.

Anywayz, what I'm trying to get at...is that so many freaking killer things have been happening lately that my mind is going to explode. Hopefully not literally.

Let me list the awesome:

  • I've confirmed the date for my launch party: Friday, May 2 at the Container Park. Yes, book your flights, make your hotel reservations, get your babysitters, and tell your neighbors, bosses, and lovers, "Sorry, babe, but I'm going Downtown Vegas."
  • I'm sooo close to Catching Me Some "Killers" I can taste it! And it tastes like mint chocolate chip and rainbows.
  • I've hired an actress to play the part of Ruby Rose for the book trailer. Filming begins this weekend in L.A. And oh hells yes, I'm going.  Her name is Skye Smith and she's beautiful, dynamic, and talented beyond my wildest hopes.
  • The "Killer Storytelling Writing Contest" is officially a GO. I begin school visits this week, hoping that I can make a dent in the 50+ high schools in the nations 4th largest school district (Clark County School District). Wow, this is going to be unreal. Momma better get her Mexican Coke stocked in the minivan cooler!
  • More amazing artists, musicians, talent and sponsors have signed on to help me with the book launch festivities. This is going to be ridickilous.
Plenty more to come, but don't worry, I'll keep you updated. And you're ALL invited. In fact, you can all come stay at my house. I'll order one of those huge double-decker bouncy houses for everyone to sleep in. It will be way rad. 

Love,
Jessie With A Shot At The Night


10 comments:

  1. Woot!!! A date!! I'll be there. With bells on. There is no way I'd miss out on this much awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in! (Not really for sure, but I'm going to try and come becasue it sounds like a don't-miss event)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. This sounds amazing! And closer than the usual book launch . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Goodness! You are like super woman on crack! And I love it! How do you do it all? It's all going to be so freaking awesome Jess. I hope you're loving the wild crazy adventure! Can't wait to see the book trailer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. Oh man, I would seriously KILL to be there. I'm looking at flights right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent blog you’ve got here.It’s difficult to find high-quality writing like yours nowadays. I really appreciate individuals like you! Take care!! Please check out my site.
    Utah tax attorney

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! So impressed with all you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. J'adore! I am so going to come! Je t'aime ma biche!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So exciting! I've got the date down and I'm sharing with friends, neighbors and complete strangers just for good measure. Go Jessie!!

    ReplyDelete