Wednesday, March 5, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014
  • __3__ Gratitudes (birthdays, birthday shopping, birthday dinners)
  • __4__ Units of Caffeinated (ordered a virgin margarita to be festive...turned out to be more like a virgin overdose of salt...gah!)
  • __1 hr  Spent Writing (one hour is better than no hour)
  • _1___  Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (I won't even try to call pears & cottage cheese a delight, but in this house, it's what's happening)
Today, I'm participating in What's Up Wednesday- a weekly writing meme to stay in touch.



WHAT I'M READING-Just got the ARC for CRUEL BEAUTY by Rosamund Hodge. Very excited to really dig into this one after an amazing first chapter. I freaking love being on ARC tours.

WHAT I'M WRITING- How To Go Insane In Just A Few Short Weeks. JK. But for reals, planning a book launch is more intense than I was expecting. Intensely awesome, intensely stressful, intensely rewarding, and intensely exciting. INTENSE.

WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW-
  • People willing to contribute. I've been blown away by the generosity of those around me. Whether the contribution is time, effort, creativity, abilities, connections, or whatever, I am so thankful for those who have and continue to hook a sista up!
WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO-
  • Today is Mr. Humphries 40th Birthday! Ahh, I think I am more freaked out about that number than he is. I've always teased him that we are part of different generations (bc I'm 5 yrs younger...and also because he loves 80's rock bands) but this is really pushing past my comfort zone. I'm not sure I'm down with 40. But I am sure that I'm down with partying and general celebration...so whatev.
  • Generally ignoring the piles of laundry mounting towards the ceiling. I despise you laundry for getting wrinkled all day long while I'm busy doing more important things than folding you!
  • I've been calling into the local radio station for the entire school year as I carpool the children everyday...and guess what? I FINALLY WON! In your face laundry-who-thinks-I'm-a-loser! I AM A WINNER!  I get to go see one of my favorite San Diego bands, Switchfoot, play at the Hard Rock Las Vegas AND the Mix Underground Lounge. 

What's up with you?

Love,
Jessie With A (So Close I Can Taste It) Shot At The Night

16 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your win! :D How exciting ^_^

    Happy birthday to your husband. EAT CAKE!

    Good luck with your launch plan :D Hope it all goes really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's an ARC tour? Hope you like Cruel Beauty. I did.

    And hope your husband has a happy birthday. You are both so young!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm currently reading Seasons by C.S. Ulyate. Got a free copy from story cartel and I'm so glad I got to read a story that takes a unique look at litter and seasons. Best of luck with the book launch and happy b'day hubby. Your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, can I borrow How To Go Insane In Just A Few Short Weeks?

    Best wishes on the book launch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't fear 40. This is a great age for writing books for the younger generation, because you have what they don't, and what they desperately need: perspective. You've been that age, so you can sympathize. But you also know what comes next, so you can prepare them.

    Wow, book launch planning sounds hectic. I'm glad you're thriving off of the intensity, though, and not getting burned out by it. I hope it all goes well for you, Jessie.

    Have a wonderful week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to Mr. Humphries! I hope you all have a blast celebrating. (And don't worry -- you're not alone in fearing forty!) Sounds like you've been crazy-busy. Who needs laundry when you've got a book launch to look forward to?! Hope you have a great week, Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to your husband! And congrats on the band tickets...sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the win, that's great.
    Good luck with the book launch planning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't imagine how crazy things must be with the book launch, but it's an exciting time for you! I finally got Cruel Beauty from the library and am dying to dive in. Ignoring laundry is my specialty, avoid it long enough it gets cleaned folded all by itself, right? Wait, that's not how it works?!? Well, I guess I've got some laundry to do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the radio win! My local station is giving out $10k every wednesday morning and all you have to do is be the 98th caller. Last week when I tried I didn't even get through to a ring. :( I completely forgot to try this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with the launch! Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on winning the tickets! Your book sounds so good. I can't wait to read it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard so many good things about CRUEL BEAUTY. I really do need to read it. Laundry shmaundry. I suck at it. You must be getting so excited about your launch. Hope it's awesome for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is awesome about winning! I never call into those radio shows but I want to XD And happy birthday to Mr. Humphries!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Laundry shmaundry. You are amazing! Andrew just had his 40th last week! I took him to Disneyland California Adventure to help him feel "young" again. After getting sick on California Screamin' I think we just felt older :-).

    ReplyDelete