Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.
Wednesday, March 5, 2014
- __3__ Gratitudes (birthdays, birthday shopping, birthday dinners)
- __4__ Units of Caffeinated (ordered a virgin margarita to be festive...turned out to be more like a virgin overdose of salt...gah!)
- __1 hr Spent Writing (one hour is better than no hour)
- _1___ Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (I won't even try to call pears & cottage cheese a delight, but in this house, it's what's happening)
Today, I'm participating in What's Up Wednesday- a weekly writing meme to stay in touch.
WHAT I'M READING-Just got the ARC for CRUEL BEAUTY by Rosamund Hodge. Very excited to really dig into this one after an amazing first chapter. I freaking love being on ARC tours.
WHAT I'M WRITING- How To Go Insane In Just A Few Short Weeks. JK. But for reals, planning a book launch is more intense than I was expecting. Intensely awesome, intensely stressful, intensely rewarding, and intensely exciting. INTENSE.
WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW-
- People willing to contribute. I've been blown away by the generosity of those around me. Whether the contribution is time, effort, creativity, abilities, connections, or whatever, I am so thankful for those who have and continue to hook a sista up!
WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO-
- Today is Mr. Humphries 40th Birthday! Ahh, I think I am more freaked out about that number than he is. I've always teased him that we are part of different generations (bc I'm 5 yrs younger...and also because he loves 80's rock bands) but this is really pushing past my comfort zone. I'm not sure I'm down with 40. But I am sure that I'm down with partying and general celebration...so whatev.
- Generally ignoring the piles of laundry mounting towards the ceiling. I despise you laundry for getting wrinkled all day long while I'm busy doing more important things than folding you!
- I've been calling into the local radio station for the entire school year as I carpool the children everyday...and guess what? I FINALLY WON! In your face laundry-who-thinks-I'm-a-loser! I AM A WINNER! I get to go see one of my favorite San Diego bands, Switchfoot, play at the Hard Rock Las Vegas AND the Mix Underground Lounge.
What's up with you?
Jessie With A (So Close I Can Taste It) Shot At The Night