Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.
Wednesday, March 12, 2014
- __3__ Gratitudes (March Madness, just-out-of-the-dryer bedsheets, busy days) 1 Grumble (Daylight Savings...you are a B-word!)
- __2.5__ Units of Caffeinated (the .5 is the Coke Zero I thought I needed but what I really needed was to shower and get out of my sweaty clothes at 5:00 pm and make it to my three night appointments. "Need" is a relative term.)
- __1 hr Spent Writing (though I was interrupted with texts, emails and messages the whole time, so it counts for nothing really)
- __0__ Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (unless offering a stolen & bruised banana that I got from yesterday's buffet to children is considered a disaster...)
Today, I'm participating in What's Up Wednesday- a weekly writing meme to stay in touch.
WHAT I'M READING-Just finished CRUEL BEAUTY by Rosamund Hodge. What a beautiful and rich fairy tale retelling. Seriously, no wonder this book has like a billionty awesome reviews.
WHAT I'M WRITING- Trying to add a new character to my French book (contemporary romance set in France) for some added texture and dynamics. It's requiring more work than I realized, but is also very fun to concentrate on a secondary character like this in such detail.
WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW-
- Surprise successes. I was watching a vlog interview with Zappos.com CEO, Tony Hsieh, and something he said hit me. He was talking about ideas and serendipity, and how some ideas work out and some don't but it's important to keep the ideas going and you might be surprised which ones work out. I've been surprised at how many of my crazy ideas are working out lately.
WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO-
- Went dancing at a fancy Las Vegas club called Hakasan where it costs $50+ to get it in and $9.00 for a 6 ounce bottle of water, but we got in VIP (free) because my fancy friend, Erin Summerill, is a famous photographer and has the hook ups. Never mind that I woke up with gashes on my wrist (thanks to a friend's cat dance moves), a bruise on my ankle (thanks to another friend's attempt to do Kid-In-Play foot dance with me), and an aching in my lower back (thanks to my old and decrepit body). The best part was when a dude came up from behind me to get all grindy, and I said no thank you, but when he went to leave, he couldn't because my lace shirt had somehow attached to his belt buckle and we were literally attached in the most awkward of positions. So when I said "best part," I really meant "worst part." Yeah, Mr. Humphries didn't like that story either!
- I think I should probably just stop there...
What's up with you?
Jessie With A (So Close I Can Taste It) Shot At The Night