Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
- __3__ Gratitudes (my momma for being there always, exciting ideas, flame throwing praying mantis'...you'll understand if you keep reading/watching below)
- __3__ Units of Caffeinated Beverages (not bad considering I stayed up until 2:00 am)
- __0 hr Spent Writing (but many hours spent filming which was way more fun)
- __1__ Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (toast! hey, I'm counting it. They ate it up like it was made out of butter...well, it might have had a healthy spread of that too...)
Today, I'm participating in What's Up Wednesday- a weekly writing meme to stay in touch.
WHAT I'M READING- A non-fiction book called BRIEFCASE ESSENTIALS by Susan Spencer, which gives advice to women on how to be successful in the business world. I have been lucky enough to meet her in person and she is a great example and mentor. She's an attorney, non-profit CEO, and the former General Manager of the Philadelphia Eagles (the only female GM in NFL history). She's amazing.
WHAT I'M WRITING- Bupkis. That's not a person from Philly...that's nothing.
WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW-
- Surrounding myself with talented people. I have friends who are super organized, incredibly creative, totally techie, fabulously trendy, innate problem-solvers, and much more.
WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO-
- I decided to make a music video in an effort to convince Brandon Flowers, lead singer of The Killers to come to my book launch. I've been in negotiation talks with his manager for several weeks, and it's crunch time to nail down the dates. What better way to do so than with an elaborate remake of one of his songs/videos? (This is "Can I Change Your Mind" but I'm really imitating the "Just Another Girl" video where the actress who plays Quinn from the TV show Glee pretends to be Brandon Flowers...)
What's up with you?
Jessie With A Shot At The Night