Tuesday, March 25, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014
  • __3__ Gratitudes (big ideas, cupcakes, and sitting in the serendipitous sunshine)
  • __1__ Units of Caffeinated Beverages (really? that's it? I'm probably terribly dehydrated)
  • __0 hr  Spent Writing (what's new with that disastrous area of my life?)
  • __1__  Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (if you can call turkey bacon and eggs a delight. Personally, I think turkey bacon is akin to a sheep in wolf's clothes, or raisin cookies, or books without kissing, or other things that make no sense)
Today, I'm participating in What's Up Wednesday- a weekly writing meme to stay in touch.



WHAT I'M READING- NEARLY GONE by Elle Cosimano. Elle's my agent sister at the Greenhouse Literary Agency, a fellow debut author in the OneFours, and has super gorgeous tan skin in real life! She's lovely + her book is amazing = I'm a happy reader this week. (Her book references mathematical equations).

WHAT I'M WRITING- I'm trying really, really hard to get even a modest amount of progress with my French book, but revisions are coming on Ruby Rose #2 and when that happens I'll be slammed so I figure it's okay to be taking some time off.

WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW-
  • Spaces. I'm in love with the spaces I'm working with for my book launch and benefit concert. The Container Park has this VIP space above the stage where I will be signing books during a portion of the launch party. It's a large lounge/bar space with couches and chairs overlooking the whole outdoor area. My favorite part of this space is that there will be a private bar serving Ruby Rose themed non-alchoholic cocktails such as:
  1. Bloody Ruby's 
  2. Murderous Martinis
  3. Deadly Daiquiris 
*textures and garnishes will be authentic but no booze, and served in plastic cups so it's obvious to the adults and staff that kids aren't imbibing

WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO-
  • Several months ago I came up the crazy idea to create the "Killer Storytelling Writing Contest" with my local school district. It went live on Monday and I already have 10+ school visits scheduled in the next week. I am so excited to get in front of the students and talk books, writing, and literacy. But it's going to be an insane couple of weeks as I venture to reach as many of the 50+ high schools in our district.
What's up with you?

Love,
Jessie With A Shot At The Night

13 comments:

  1. Good luck with your school visits, that was a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jessie! Very cool idea with the writing contest. That sounds like fun and a great opportunity for the students. Good luck with your revisions!

    Happy reading and writing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ghostwriting gig....draining me, but must go on...money. Anyway I'm glad you have so much going on Jessie, it all sounds exciting. Hard work but exciting. I think you have executed some amazing ideas and they'll pay you back in dividends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Killer Storytelling Writing Contest idea sounds fantastic! Best of luck with all of those school visits. I'd be a nervous wreck, but something tells me you'll do great. Also, the Ruby Red themed cocktails sound amazing. I want to come to this party! :-) Have a great week, Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a great idea! Good luck with the contest and the school visits - sounds like you have a busy time coming up, but exciting, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Nearly Gone!

    The school visits sound amazing! As does the venue and those drinks! It amazes me all that you think of. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with your cool drinks ideas and the fact that so many schools are responding so well to your awesome contest. Great things are going to come from this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book launch party is going to be the epic! I'd be a cad to miss it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book launch sounds so exciting! Love the themed non-alcoholic cocktails too. If I was somewhere nearby, I'd be there in a hurry. :-) Hope you have a wonderful week all around, Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm right there with you on the raisin cookies. Such a letdown. You crack me up. Congrats on the school program launch! Sounds fabulous. You are certainly keeping busy, so I would definitely forgive yourself for no writing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, your book launch sounds like it's going to be incredible! Love the idea of serving Ruby Rose themed beverages! Good luck with all the prep for that and with your French book!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the names of the themed drinks. Sounds like a lot of fun! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the launch of your school program. And a book launch Wow. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete