Friday, April 25, 2014

Finally Friday: From the Storymakers Conference

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Friday, April 25, 2014
  • __3__ Gratitudes (Hilton beds, new episodes of Game of Thrones waiting for me, hot tubbing before bed)
  • _2__ Units of Caffeinated Beverages (after arriving in Utah at 11:00 pm and then waking up at 3:00 am to take lil' bro to the airport...its a wonder I made it through the day with just the two pick-me-ups)
  • __4 hours_ Spent Writing (it was awesome to have hours of uninterrupted writing time)
  • _0__ Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (but I had a roasted turkey sandwich on foccaccia from a Utah place called Kneaders--amazeballs)
Last weekend, I was in HB, California and it was hot, hot, hot...and not just because of these guys:

Can you see these guys just standing around in nude-colored g-strings on Main St?

Anyway, now I'm in Layton, Utah, and it's not exactly hot, hot, hot. I was wearing flip flops all day yesterday and it took some major hot tubbing for them to thaw out. It was like a bitter 60 degrees!!! ;)

But I'm still totally thrilled to be here for LDStorymakers 2014--my favorite writers conference in the world! Walking in to the conference center, hotel lobby, and dinner party last night was like coming home. These are my people. After 5 years of coming to this conference, I know hundreds of beautiful writers who I consider to be my besetest friends. I'm sure many FB and Instagram pics will be posted, but first I gots to get ready for the panel that I am not only appearing on, but moderating! Never done that before! Let's take bets on how badly I'll humiliate myself this time!

Have a great weekend!

Love,
Jessie With A Shot At The Night

P.S. My big Book Launch party is now only 7 days away!!!!! For details visit the events pages here:
(open to the public)
and the
(ticketed event-get your tickets HERE)




2 comments:

  1. Congrats! Congrats! I love reading your updates. They've been so inspiring. I hope the panel goes well.

    Those g-strings are really nude! :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a great time hot-tubbing with you. :)

    ReplyDelete