Friday, April 11, 2014

Finally Friday: Going Back To High School

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Friday, April 11, 2014
  • __3__ Gratitudes (kids who sleep walk and do entertaining things, spring weather, looking forward to Spring Break at the beach)
  • _2__ Units of Caffeinated Beverages (courage drinks for my first radio interview)
  • __0 min_ Spent Writing (but 45 minutes discussing revisions with my editors in which I foresee 1,000 hours of writing to clean that crap up!)
  • _1__ Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (whole wheat English muffins with freezer jelly. Yep, that's all I got.)
So for the last three weeks I've been doing school visits to over a dozen high schools in my area, visiting thousands of students, promoting a writing contest, and teaching writing tools. Today is the last day of those visits, and what better way to go out with style? Go back to my own high school: Chaparral, Home of the Cowboys.


I'll be presenting to hundreds of students in the Anthony Zuiker Theater (Anthony's a fellow Chap alum, creator/writer of the TV series CSI, and a generous benefactor for my contest). One of my English teachers, Mrs. Moses, is supposed to be there! How cool is that? It's going to be a blast to get in front of those fresh faces and bright eyes, and get them excited about writing.

I wonder if my name is still written on the wall for that tennis championship?! If not, I'll bring a sharpie ;)

Have a great weekend!

Love,
Jessie With A Shot At The Night

2 comments:

  1. I'm so in awe of all you're doing right now, Jessie. I'm sure all those kids think you're a writer rock star. And they would be right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I hope you don't need the sharpie. Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete