Monday, April 28, 2014

Killer Monday: Ruby Rose The Original Song

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Monday, April 28, 2014
  • __3__ Gratitudes (Storymakers Writing Conference in Utah this last weekend, writing friends, coming home)
  • __3__ Units of Caffeinated (or otherwise non-water) Beverages (it's go-time, baby! Book Launch in T-minus 3 days!)
  • __4 hrs  Spent Writing (round two edits of Ruby Rose #2 due in 2 days. Yes, awesome timing...I agree...NOT!)
  • _0__  Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (traveling home I called my dad to say, "Wanna come over for dinner?" He said, "Sure, what's on the menu?" And I said, "Ummm..." And he said, "Oh, I see... I'll stop and get some take-out." SCORE! He knows me all too well. #beggarchild)
Book Launch Update

You guys! You freaking guys! There are words...I wish had the right ones...To describe the ridiculous amount of awesomeness happening with the launch of my debut KILLING RUBY ROSE. Things are coming together in a way I never saw coming. Not only is the book trailer/short film done and ready to blow the world away, but now the original Ruby Rose song written and performed by Jackson Wilcox and his band A Crowd of Small Adventures is out of the studio as well.

For realz, the song is so epic. I would say the sound of it is something like this:

  • A Bit of U2
  • A dash of The Killers
  • A pop of Morrissey; and 
  • A butt-load of awesome. 
Here is my favorite part of the lyrics: (I can't reveal them all yet, but here's a teaser)


I comb the coast-roads
A gun inside my glovebox
And I want my father back
The man who taught me that
To take a life can save one

Also, the most killer part about this song is that it is going to come at you in many different ways:

  • Loud and in your face at the KILLING RUBY ROSE BOOK LAUNCH at the Container Park this Friday night, May 2nd, from 6:00-8:00 pm. (More information on this event can be found HERE)

  • Stripped down and sexy at the KILLER STORYTELLING WRITING CONTEST AWARD CEREMONY & CONCERT at the Inspire Theater Downtown this Saturday night, May 3rd from 6:00-8:00 pm. (Information on this event can be found HERE) This version will be an acoustic performance with only lead singer/guitarist Jackson Wilcox and violinist/pianist Megan Wingerter. (I have a man-crush on him and a girl-crush on her...not weird at all...)

  • Everywhere else, such as: iTunes, Spotify, Pandora, Amazon, etc. (After the book launch).
I can't wait!

Love, 
Jessie With A Shot At The Night

3 comments:

  1. So awesome, Jessie! I've been impressed with how creative you've been in celebrating your book release. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Natalie. This is all so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got chills reading this. I CANNOT WAIT!!!!

    ReplyDelete