Wednesday, April 16, 2014

What's Up Wednesday: With An Announcement

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014
  • __2__ Gratitudes (generous people, kind people)   1   Gripe (people from my own writing group who have accepted help from me and then go on Goodreads and Amazon and give me a terrible review, saying my book is a "fast-food book" and the characters "annoyed the hell" out of her. Yes, that happened. No more tea and biscuits for her. End gripe.)
  • __1__ Units of Caffeinated Beverages (no wonder I'm griping!)
  •    4    Hours of Writing (Book #2 edits due on Friday! cue freak out!)
  • __1__  Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (hard boiled eggs. This is getting embarrassing...)
Today, I'm participating in What's Up Wednesday- a weekly writing meme to stay in touch.



WHAT I'M READING- WORLD AFTER by Susan Ee, the sequel to ANGELFALL: Penryn & The End of Days, which was my favorite read of 2013. I actually read this book when it came out a few months back but I'm re-reading it because I think Susan handled the tricky-to-pull-off sequel like a pro! Susan is a fellow Skyscape/Amazon Children's Publishing author and attorney/author. So naturally we are going to be besties. But for reals, I really look up to Susan and will read anything this girl writes! She's amazing. 


WHAT I'M WRITING- edits for book #2: RESISTING RUBY ROSE. There is a short turnaround time on these edits...so lots of long days and even longer nights. But those moments when you realize not everything that you write is crap...golden.

WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW-
  • Make-out scenes. Seriously, they get me every time. I love to read them, write them, live them ;) hehe. 

WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO-
  • KILLING RUBY ROSE is still hanging in the top ten Bestselling Teen/Young Adult books--currently at #6. Still pinching myself.
  • I'm appearing on my local NBC station tonight (Channel 3) for a LIVE Primetime interview with anchors Jessica Moore and Jim Snyder. They'll be interviewing me about my book, my killer launch party on Friday May 2 (from 6:00-8:00 pm at the Container Park Downtown), and the Clark County School District "Killer Storytelling Writing Contest" Awards Ceremony on Saturday, May 3 (from 6:00-8:00 pm at the Inspire Theater Downtown). I seriously hope I don't embarrass myself or family too bad. 
  • I'm officially making a very exciting announcement:
My good friend and writing colleague, KATHRYN PURDIE, will be performing at the Killer Storytelling Awards Ceremony & Concert (mentioned above) on May 3rd. Many of you in the blogosphere already know Katie as one of the nicest, most genuine, and beautiful writers out there, but if you don't know her yet, this is Katie:


Katie is not only an extremely talented writer of books, but also of music. She will be performing a couple of original songs that she wrote for her young adult novels. Her performance will look a lot like the MTV Unplugged format (a more intimate and stripped-down experience), where the artist talks about the song before playing the H out of it. Kind of like this Unplugged video of Lauren Hill from back in the day:





How freaking cool is this going to be?!!! Along with Katie, lead singer/guitarist Jackson Wilcox and Megan Wingerter, violinist/pianist, from the band A Crowd Of Small Adventures will also be doing an unplugged performance. You know you want to come...

What's up with you?

Love,
Jessie With A Shot At The Night

15 comments:

  1. Wow, how exciting it all sounds :D I'm sure the interview will go really well!

    Have a great week ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had a busy week. Good luck with the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Susan Ee's Angelfall books, they're amazing!

    This all sounds so exciting! (Except the incident with a member of your writing group - unfortunately, I had a similar experience with a CP. I don't understand why someone would do that!)

    I hope the interview and copy edits go well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all sounds so cool. So glad your book is doing so well. Very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You're week is just exploding with amazingness! Good luck with the interview and congrats on the success of your book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I may have just run around my basement giggling like a fool. I'm so excited for this! Good luck with your crazy revision deadline and your TV interview, and here's a hug to combat the grrrr you still have about that mean review from a CP. Grrrr! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, best of luck with your interview -- how exciting! And I'm most definitely inspired by writing make-out scenes too. The best. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katie!!! I'm not sure I'll make it, so be sure someone videotapes her performance so I can fan gush over it later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's SO AWESOME about your friend's performance. And I LOOOOVE the Angelfall series. Tore through them both. Cannot wait for the third book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your book! :D I'll definitely check it out when it comes out. Good luck with everything this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never seen anyone work so hard to get their book baby out there. So impressed with all your doing with the schools . . . and everything else! You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Number six? If I could do a backflip, I would. Can't wait for the killer party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bought the first 2 Penryn books a couple of months ago, but I haven't read them yet. Good luck with your edits (and all the other craziness and excitement)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't wait for a follow-up on ruby good luck

    ReplyDelete