Wednesday, April 2, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014
  • __3__ Gratitudes (tears of joy, surprises, unexpected generosity)
  • __1__ Units of Caffeinated Beverages (I had me a natural high all day...so much so that eating or drinking seemed like a chore! Um, that never happens...)
  • __.05__  Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (I contributed jack squat to my own family but provided lunch to five teachers at my kids' school  for teacher appreciation week, so I'm giving myself a .05 credit)
Today, I'm participating in What's Up Wednesday- a weekly writing meme to stay in touch.



WHAT I'M READING- not a big reading week. :/

WHAT I'M WRITING- not a big writing week. :/

WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW-
  • Those around me who seem to have limitless amounts of generosity, kindness, and thoughtfulness. 

WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO-
  • If you didn't see my post yesterday, here's why I haven't been reading or writing much this week: (it's kind of a big, life-changing reason)
KILLING RUBY ROSE is a Kindle First Pick! 
Which means:

  • You can read it early right now via the Kindle First Program for FREE if you're an Amazon Prime Member OR $1.99 if you're not.
  • My book was selected to be featured as an editors pick to millions of Amazon readers 
  • That it's available in Kindle format only during the month of April
  • May 1st is still the official release date for paperback, audiobook, and audible book.
  • Pre-order is still available for paperback HERE 
  • So when I went to bed on Monday March 31st, my Amazon Bestsellers ranking was around #1,100,000-ish. When I woke up yesterday morning (after 9 hours of being featured on Kindle First) my ranking was around #1,900. When I went to bed last night it had moved all the way to #47. Killing Ruby Rose is now #1 in three teen categories (such as Teens-Mystery), and broke into the top #10 in Teen & Young Adult ebooks overall. 
  • So I guess you could say that yesterday was one of the best days of my life!

What's up with you?

Love,
Jessie With A Shot At The Night

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on KRR being a Kindle first!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm also kind of excited - doing snoopy dances here - that it comes out in other formats on my Birthday! :D I also am sorry to hear about the sickness but hope everyone gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Jessie! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on being a Kindle first pick! That's fantastic news! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. HUGE CONGRATULATIONS! That is so amazing! Not just the Kindle first pick, but breaking top ten and getting the #1 spot in so many categories! Luckily, I'm an Amazon Prime member so now I'll get to read Killing Ruby Rose sooner than expected :)

    Though, I love real books, so I'll have to get the paperback when it comes out too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is incredible news! I'm so happy for you. And as soon as I find my charge cord for my Kindle, I'm downloading this baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Congrats! That's fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can my favorite B-Word guess what I'm reading? That's right! -- KILLING RUBY ROSE!!! Whoot-whoot! This might be a little bit of a problem because I keep stopping my homework to read, but it's definitely worth it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! That is fantastic news! I'm one of the students from West Career and Technical Academy, and I also wanted to thank you for coming to speak. (I'm looking forward to the contest!) Thank you so much for coming out, and congrats again on your novel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So awesome! Congrats Jessie and you have clearly been up to plenty. Might I suggest Ali Cross's Blood Crown novel, started it yesterday and it's great at bringing the story alive in your head.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is seriously a killer book. I finished it yesterday--couldn't put it down! Of course I'll be buying the paperback too at your launch party so I can get it signed by the soon-to-be ultra-famous Jessie Humphries. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete