Wednesday, April 30, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014
  • __3__ Gratitudes (Everything. Is. Awesome)
  • __2__ Units of Caffeinated Beverages (but one of those was a Red Bull consumed around midnight so it's really more like 10!)
  •    4    Hours of Writing (Book #2 edits due today)
  • __0  Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (everyone ate left overs and no one was happy)
Today, I'm participating in What's Up Wednesday- a weekly writing meme to stay in touch.



WHAT I'M READING- hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of submissions for the school district writing contest that I am sponsoring. Dang kids are smart! In celebration of the launch of my book, KILLING RUBY ROSE, I came up with the idea to get involved in the community and schools in a meaningful way. So I developed the Killer Storytelling Writing Contest and:

  •  pitched it to the school district, 
  • got sponsorship from local businesses and some celebrity talent from my alma mater (creator/writer of CSI, Anthony Zuiker and Mark Stoermer of the band The Killers), 
  • visited dozens of schools and thousands of students to promote the contest and teach writing workshops
  • throwing a huge party/Award Ceremony & Concert at a brand new Downtown venue called the Inspire Theater this Saturday night. (FYI: FRIENDS AND FAMILY GET YOUR TICKETS ASAP HERE).


WHAT I'M WRITING- Round 2 revisions for Ruby Rose #2. Due today! And it's not going to kill me or anything ;)

WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW-
  • Everything. Everyone. So many people bending over backwards to help me and support me. I love everyone.

WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO-
  • KILLING RUBY ROSE is still hanging in the top ten Bestselling Teen/Young Adult books--four weeks in a row! 
  • The official release for KRR is only 1 days away! TOMORROW!!!! Years in the making and only days to wait.
  • I'm going on FOX 5 morning show tomorrow morning at 7:45 am. Tune in and watch me say more ridiculous things in public!  

What's up with you?

Love,
Jessie With A Shot At The Night

6 comments:

  1. Good luck getting those edits in today when there's so much excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing thing you're doing to inspire young minds in your community. Top notch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That writing contest sounds fantastic! What a great idea, Jessie. :-) And how cool that people have gotten involved in a sponsorship capacity. Sounds like things are going really well with KILLING RUBY ROSE. Happy Book Birthday in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok pause for a second. What you are doing is AMAZING. You put together a writing contest, are teaching kids to write, and you have celebrity endorsements? Holy cow, lady! Let's all stand and clap for a second.

    I'm so excited that you shared that with us! I hope you keep up the momentum. What a wonderful experience you're giving to kids who are just starting out with writing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Jessie! So excited for how well it is all going. And I resent you your questions for your interview on Monday. Please get them back to me ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE what you're doing with the kids in the school district! That is awesome! You're launch is going to be epic my dear! You are AMAZIBALLS!

    ReplyDelete