Wednesday, April 9, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014
  • __3__ Gratitudes (7 straight hours of sleep, awesome friends who watch my kids when I'm being a crazy-pants debut author, bright-eyed students)
  • __2__ Units of Caffeinated Beverages (a Coke Zero as an afternoon pick-me-up can really hit the spot)
  • __1__  Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (make-your-own burritos with home-cooked tortillas, side of beans, cheese and Macayos sauce. Hey, I didn't say it was a culinary masterpiece! Just a delight for the children's who are easy to please :)
Today, I'm participating in What's Up Wednesday- a weekly writing meme to stay in touch.



WHAT I'M READING- TIMEBOUND by Rysa Walker, which was the 2013 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Winner— Grand Prize and Young Adult Fiction Winner. A fellow Skyscape author and all-around lovely person, Rysa is an amazing author who deserves all of her mind-blowing success. 


WHAT I'M WRITING- press releases, media alerts, run-of-shows, power point presentations, and more emails than I care to count.

WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW-
  • Students and young writers. Their passion and energy to learn is a beautiful sight to behold. In the last three weeks I've visited over a dozen high schools and spoken to several thousand students about writing and the importance of pursuing our dreams. Yes, THOUSANDS! It's awesome.

WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO-
  • If you didn't see my post last week, I announced that my debut KILLING RUBY ROSE was released one month early via thKindle First Program (in Kindle format only).
  • You can read it for free if you're an Amazon Prime member or $1.99 for everyone else.
  • Last Thursday my book shot all the way to #1 on the Amazon Bestselling Teen & Young Adult Books rankings, bypassing all five Divergent books, The Fault In Our Stars, The Book Thief, Maze Runner, etc. Pretty much the most insane thing to happen in my life. It only lasted a few days (Ruby Rose is now ranked #10) but still up there! 
  • Also, this last weekend I was ably to witness the filming for part of the book trailer for Killing Ruby Rose by the amazing filmmaker j.j. huckin. Here are some of the teaser images:
Heels and Gun


Ruby Saving the Girl


Ruby and Liam

Seriously, it has to be one of the highlights of my life to witness these two 18 year old actors meeting on set for the first time and then fifteen minutes later moving for this pose. Holy hellballs, it was intense, and awesome, and sweet, and oh-so-totally KILLER! Skye Smith and Jacen Yergensen, you are adorable. 

What's up with you?

Love,
Jessie With A Shot At The Night

19 comments:

  1. Um hi best week ever!? I already pre-ordered your book so I'm forcing myself to wait to read it, even though it was very tempting to download it from Prime! Congrats on an awesome debut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome teaser. And thousands of students?! You're doing it right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I downloaded RUBY ROSE last week... Can't wait to read it! And congrats on being #1 on Amazon's Teen Bestseller list! That is absolutely amazing! Looking forward to watching the RUBY ROSE trailer. That last image is beautiful. Have a great week, Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I can't wait to see your trailer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's amazing news about being #1! And a trailer too! That's so exciting.

    Have a brilliant week :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to download RUBY ROSE last week when you mentioned it, but Canadian Amazon Prime members aren't able to take advantage of these perks. Poop. BUT, I was able to purchase it for my Kindle, so that's good. :-) Those book trailer images are great, especially that final one. Awesome! Hope this next week is as great as this past one was!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I just say how HAPPY I am to see your actress with her finger off the trigger? I cannot tell you how many covers and trailers I've seen with people sneaking around, finger curled around the trigger, and I want to bang my head on the desk. LOL

    Congrats on everything, my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME! I can't wait to see the trailer. So much awesomeness happening!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Literally dying to see your trailer! So dang cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats!!!! That's so amazing. I was one of the lucky ones that got to download Ruby Rose for free b/c I have Amazon Prime! Loving it so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to see the trailer! It looks like it's going to be killer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like an awesome trailer. And what an awesome week!! I have your book all downloaded. Now to steal the Kindle from the boy (who happens to own it). :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just downloaded your book! Can't wait to read it!

    Your book trailer looks AWESOME! Hey, I know Jacen! But the last time I saw him, he was a toddler! Crazy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the cover on TIMEBOUND! Might have to check it out. Congrats on your book hitting #1 on Amazon's YA rankings! That's so exciting! The pics from your book trailer look great. It must have been so surreal seeing your characters come to life like that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think CONGRATS! just about covers it. Lots of awesomeness. Someone suggested I read Timebound a while back, but I definitely need to get a hold of it now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, so many stellar things happening for you! I'm impressed with your school visits, and with the book trailer. And congrats on your success on Amazon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on all your success! I just added Ruby Rose on TBR on Good Reads. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is so cool about your trailer! Is that something Skyscape set up for you or you're doing yourself?

    ReplyDelete