Friday, May 2, 2014

Finally Friday: Book Launch Tonight!!!

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Friday, May 2, 2014
  • __3__ Gratitudes (friends bending every which way to help me, colleagues going above and beyond, and family giving their all for me)
  • _2__ Units of Caffeinated Beverages (not that bad for such a big day)
  • __0 hours_ Spent Writing (not a writing day. More like a go-on-TV-and then plan-a-massive-book-launch kind of day)
  • _0__ Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (uh yeah...no cooking took place. Not even so much as pouring a bowl of cereal :? Yikes. Good thing for Grandma Joanie!)
KILLING RUBY ROSE released yesterday.

That is so amazing to say. RUBY ROSE is out in the world, OFFICIALLY! 

And I am so thrilled! I'm excited for my book baby to be out in the world, where she can be read! I'm excited that she's real and this story and these characters that have been such a part of my life are out there. 

I thought it might be fun to share some numbers, because I'm a bit obsessed with numbers. Here we go!


8 Months to draft KILLING RUBY ROSE

12 Months to edit KILLING RUBY ROSE before getting an agent

3 Months to edit KILLING RUBY ROSE before landing a book deal

380 Days from book deal to book release

35 Days KILLING RUBY ROSE was on sub before being bought by Skyscape/Amazon Children's Publishing

24 Rounds of edits KILLING RUBY ROSE went through in total

32 Days that KILLING RUBY ROSE has been an Amazon Top 100 Bestseller

In regards to the packages that have landed on my doorstep in the last few weeks in preparation for my launch party and school visits....


75 RUBY ROSE t-shirts

3,000 RUBY ROSE bookmarks

1,000 RUBY ROSE posters

500 RUBY ROSE postcards

5,000+ School kids I've spoken to in the last month

34 Months from RUBY ROSE's inception to being in print

1,000,000,000,000+The amount of gratitude I have for you all and your incredible support, your wise words, your shared laughs, your helping hands, your shoulders to cry on, your kind words, your comments, your tweets, your encouragement, and your friendship. I love you all. 

EVERYONE COME TO MY BOOK LAUNCH TONIGHT AT THE CONTAINER PARK DOWNTOWN FROM 6:00-8:00! 

LOVE, 
JESSIE WITH A SHOT AT THE NIGHT!!!

9 comments:

  1. What a fascinating story all those numbers tell. Thanks for sharing! All your hard work has evolved into something so many people are now sharing and loving and taking part in. You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessie!!!! I love this breakdown, and CONGRATS to you, girl! It was so fun to see you at Storymakers and floor-sitting it with you and Erin. :-p I'm so completely stoked for your book. Go you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish so much I could be there! Sending lots of congrats and hugs and excitement from Washington! Please, please, PLEASE share photos and a detailed account of the launch and the writing contest on your blog!!!! (If possible :) ). Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wouldn't miss it! We are on our way right now. Can't wait for the KILLER party. You are amazing, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally a numbers girl too! ;-)

    So very, VERY happy for you, Jessie. You are a total babe and I'm stoked for your journey. And hope tonight is wonderful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! I wish so much that I could be there! I love, love, love your book and YOU TOO!!! Enjoy every minute Jessie! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your book launch. Hope it was as exciting as it sounds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jessie...I truly hope it was an amazing event!!! Deitre @ A Leisure Moment

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet it was a crazy amazing book launch. Hope you get around to posting pictures and telling us all about it.

    ReplyDelete