Friday, May 9, 2014

Finally Friday: How I Feel

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Friday, May 9, 2014
  • __3__ Gratitudes (fresh groceries, clean sheets, happy kids)
  • _3__ Units of Caffeinated Beverages (including a fun frothy beverage made by my awesome neighbor as we brunched over banana French Toast. Yum.)
  • __0 hours_ Spent Writing (I'm giving myself a couple more days...)
  • _1__ Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (Not in the mood to fight, I asked the kids what they wanted for dinner. Answer: bacon, sausage, and pancakes. Yes, breakfast for dinner. Good times.)
So now that KILLING RUBY ROSE has been officially launched and delivered to the world, I feel....


All bright eyed.
All amazed.

Well, that's not entirely true. I also feel (or have felt):

  • vulnerable
  • hysterical
  • overjoyed 
  • sensitive
  • elated
  • angry
  • tired
  • grateful
  • amazed
  • proud
  • ashamed
  • honored; and
  • thrilled
Sooo any emotions. Often contradictory. Occasionally irrational. Always intense. What a journey! And it ain't over. 


Love, 
Jessie Who Took A Shot At The Night

2 comments:

  1. I think you're allowed to feel all those things my dear. But also feel proud because what you did... ALL OF IT; the book, the launch, the writing contest, the news, EVERYTHING ELSE!!! You ROCKED it hard core my dear and you did it with style and grace. You are truly amazing and I feel lucky to know you!

    ReplyDelete