Friday, May 23, 2014

Finally Friday: The Killing Ruby Rose Book Trailer is Live

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014
  • __3__ Gratitudes (a good batch of strawberries, massage chairs, and money showing up in my pockets and in the mail when I'm not expecting it)
  • _4__ Units of Caffeinated Beverages (oops)
  •    0    Hours of Writing (house is getting re-carpeted and we had to move the entire upstairs downstairs...yeah, that.s)
  • __1  Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (I prepared a "Raclette" feast for three neighbor families: it's a bit like fondue, except you broil all the smelly French cheese in little trays that you stick under the broiler of the electric Raclette machine at the center of the table, and you dump the cheese over your baguettes, vegetables and proscuttio. I also prepared a few Quiche Lorraines, roasted sausage and onion, and Nutella crepes for dessert. My work here is done.)
I apologize that I've already cancelled week 2 of the Lip Sync Battle with Erin Summerill, but something more important came up that I need to talk about:


MY FREAKING BOOK TRAILER PREMIERED ON HYPABLE.COM YESTERDAY! 

CHECK OUT THE ARTICLE HERE

I'm not sure how I got so lucky to work with such amazing people from the director/filmaker, J.J. Huckin, to the actors, to my publicist, Elana Johnson, to the people at Hypable for featuring the amazingness. 

If you don't want to do the extra clicking required to go to Hypable, here it is in all it's YouTube glory, the Killing Ruby Rose official book trailer:





I have to say that one of my most favorite parts of this writing journey has been the filming and production of this short film. Writing a book in the quiet of my home, rocking' the stretchy pants all day, and barely managing to comb my hair until noon, it's romantic and all ;), ....but working with a talented filmmaker, being on set in L.A., participating in casting, seeing the characters who I created come alive...MAGIC! It is by far one of the coolest things I've ever been able to do in my life.

Happy Friday ya'll.


Love,
Jessie With The Killer Book Trailer

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that's one good trailer. Good luck with your book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the trailer! Love that it was on Hypable! Love that that part was so awesome to do! Don't love that I'm not one of your neighbors who got to participate in that feast. Unless participating in said feast also meant moving your entire upstairs downstairs.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessie! This is amazing! My 17 y.o. daughter and I just watched it. Also, she LOVED your book. And she loves shoes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. FANTASTIC!!! Super amazing Jessie! It had to be so much fun to help put that together! I'm so glad I finally got to see it! WHOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The food was awesome, thanks again! But this trailer is super awesome and creepy! Riley's look at the camera is bone-chilling. She needs to act!

    ReplyDelete