Wednesday, May 7, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Wednesday, May 7, 2014
  • __3__ Gratitudes (catching up on sleep, catching up on Game of Thrones, and catching up on life)
  • __3__ Units of Caffeinated Beverages (and they didn't help at all...because people kept telling me how "tired" I looked...)
  •    0    Hours of Writing (I'm giving myself some time off)
  • __1  Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (YESSS! For the first time in weeks, I finally made a home-cooked meal and we sat down at the dinner table as a family to eat chicken, mashed potatoes w/gravy, and peas....huzzah!)
Today, I'm participating in What's Up Wednesday- a weekly writing meme to stay in touch.



WHAT I'M READING- Bad Kitty. Yes, that's right. I'm reading Bad Kitty with my kids, because I basically abandoned them for three weeks while in the throes of planning my book launch, and I owe them lots of Bad Kitty, Ivy & Bean, and I Love You Stinky Face. 


WHAT I'M WRITING- Round 2 revisions for Ruby Rose #2 are done and guess what...I'm going to finish my French book (my contemporary set in France).

WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW-
  • Seeing other people shine. A bunch of my fellow OneFour Debut Group friends have been releasing their books, and it's such an exciting time. For example, my pub sister, Meredith McCardle just released her awesome time travel book yesterday, THE EIGHTH GUARDIAN. You should all go buy it and give it 5 stars. 

WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO-
  • My book officially launched last Thursday.
  • I threw a huge launch party on Friday: two bands performed, one original Ruby Rose song was played, a murder mystery scavenger hunt went down, the Ruby Rose short film premiered, and I nearly signed my hand off. It was a magical night. 
    See a bunch more of pics from it HERE.

  • I threw another big shindig Saturday night: three musicians told stories and played music, I presented my English teacher from high school a bouquet of flowers for inspiring me all those years ago, and I announced the winners of my school district "Killer Storytelling Writing Contest." It was amazing.

It was a big week for me! I'm tired.

What's up with you?

Love,
Jessie 

17 comments:

  1. What an awesome launch party! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That launch party looks amazing! You've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, way to throw a launch party! GO YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your launch party! It looks like it was a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that launch sounds amazing! Congratulations on your launch. For some reason, I had in my head that your book didn't come out until June. That means I get to read your book a month earlier. Can wait, I'm sure it's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is A-MAZ-ING! Seriously, the most epic launch party EVER! And, my one regret for this year was not being able to be there :( Not only because it was epic, but because I LOVE YOUR GUTS! Way to go Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your book sounds great, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I find it hard to read when I'm working on revisions. There have been some amazing releases so far this year! Your launch party looks like it was a lot of fun! congrats on the official release of Killing Ruby Rose

    ReplyDelete
  9. That launch party looks more fun than a lot of college parties (not that I would know or anything...)!

    You HAVE been busy! Congratulations on everything. You deserve every bit of it :)

    Sam

    Writing Through College

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your release! And what a launch party! All the best with your revisions/writing. Can't wait to read Killing Ruby Rose. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a great launch party! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on having a successful launch party and contest. Reading with your children is big mom points. You should give netgalley a look. I'm reviewing two kids books this Friday. Seeing others shine is great and glad your revisions are moving along Jessie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your book and launch party. A murder mystery scavenger hunts sounds like fun. Thanks for sharing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your book and launch party. It looks like it was a lot of fun! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Coolest book launch ever! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw pictures from your launch party on Facebook (we have many mutual friends). It looked AWESOME. Congratulations! And you definitely deserve some time off.

    ReplyDelete