Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.
Wednesday, May 7, 2014
- __3__ Gratitudes (catching up on sleep, catching up on Game of Thrones, and catching up on life)
- __3__ Units of Caffeinated Beverages (and they didn't help at all...because people kept telling me how "tired" I looked...)
- 0 Hours of Writing (I'm giving myself some time off)
- __1 Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (YESSS! For the first time in weeks, I finally made a home-cooked meal and we sat down at the dinner table as a family to eat chicken, mashed potatoes w/gravy, and peas....huzzah!)
Today, I'm participating in What's Up Wednesday- a weekly writing meme to stay in touch.
WHAT I'M READING- Bad Kitty. Yes, that's right. I'm reading Bad Kitty with my kids, because I basically abandoned them for three weeks while in the throes of planning my book launch, and I owe them lots of Bad Kitty, Ivy & Bean, and I Love You Stinky Face.
WHAT I'M WRITING- Round 2 revisions for Ruby Rose #2 are done and guess what...I'm going to finish my French book (my contemporary set in France).
WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW-
- Seeing other people shine. A bunch of my fellow OneFour Debut Group friends have been releasing their books, and it's such an exciting time. For example, my pub sister, Meredith McCardle just released her awesome time travel book yesterday, THE EIGHTH GUARDIAN. You should all go buy it and give it 5 stars.
WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO-
- My book officially launched last Thursday.
- I threw a huge launch party on Friday: two bands performed, one original Ruby Rose song was played, a murder mystery scavenger hunt went down, the Ruby Rose short film premiered, and I nearly signed my hand off. It was a magical night. See a bunch more of pics from it HERE.
- I threw another big shindig Saturday night: three musicians told stories and played music, I presented my English teacher from high school a bouquet of flowers for inspiring me all those years ago, and I announced the winners of my school district "Killer Storytelling Writing Contest." It was amazing.
It was a big week for me! I'm tired.
What's up with you?