Wednesday, May 14, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014
  • __3__ Gratitudes (the prospect of running away, things to look forward to, and binge-watching the 6th season of Mad Men)
  • __2__ Units of Caffeinated Beverages (such a busy day, it felt like nothing was going to help but pure willpower)
  •    2    Hours of Writing (though it felt like 20)
  • __1  Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (Sick kids=Campbell's soup it is!)
Today, I'm participating in What's Up Wednesday- a weekly writing meme to stay in touch.



WHAT I'M READING- Research on some legal work I'm doing and research on a presentation I am giving to my local RWA chapter (Romance Writer's of America). If you live in Vegas, make sure you come to the Green Valley Library at 10:00 am this Saturday, May 17. I'm going to be speaking on mixing thriller elements with romance. Which I'm assuming means: thriller + romance= thrilling romance= hot romance= erotica. So I'll be talking about erotica, basically! Haha, I'm TOTALLY kidding. Unless you don't want me to be kidding (and then I'm serious). But really I'm just kidding...Come find out!


WHAT I'M WRITING- My author questionnaire for Book 2 in the Ruby Rose Series, which contains the most painful of all writing exercises: a synopsis, a one-line description, and a new "about the author" section. This may not be the right time to be writing these things because I'm this dark/angsty mood where I keep saying inappropriate things (as witnessed above in re: erotica). I think it's the binge-watching of Mad Men...I'm just so pissed at Don Draper, I could kick him in his philandering crotch!

WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW-
  • My team at Amazon/Skyscape. They are an amazing bunch of peeps. BIG SHOUT OUT: My publisher provided me with four Kindle Paperwhites to give away during my blog tour. These Kindles were delivered to me personally when my editor, publicist and author relations manager came to Vegas to support me during my book launch. Two of the Kindles were stolen during the after-party!! :( I might have cried, freaked out, and said the F word a couple of times-because these weren't ordinary Kindles. They were specially designed Ruby Rose Kindles, pre-loaded with Killing Ruby Rose, and with a special Killing Ruby Rose-designed cases. I tried my hand at some Ruby Rose-esque sleuthing, perusing Craigslist and eBay for the two MIA Kindles. I thought I might have found them but was met with a dead-end when the seller wouldn't return my or my friend's calls. With my tail between my legs, I admitted to my publicist at Skyscape of the loss. I half-expected to be met with the cold shoulder, perhaps a passive-agressive gripe, or maybe even an anonymous one-star review as punishment. Instead, I found a sympathetic ear and a generous hand. They are not only going to replace the Kindles, but take care of the mailing costs for the winners announced upon the completion of my blog tour at the end of the month. Cheers, Skyscape! I freaking love you guys so hard!
The Skyscape Team: Timoney Korbar, moi, Courtney Miller, Erick Pullen

WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO-
  • Recuperating after all the crazy-launch madness
  • Getting excited about some upcoming events
  • Loving every second of my blog tour throughout the month of May. Today I did a guest post at FicTalk. Check it out HERE.
  • I got invited to be an extra in a movie in L.A. and I just might do it...

What's up with you?

Love,
Jessie 

5 comments:

  1. Oooh, an extra. That sounds like it could be a fun opportunity :D

    Have fun giving your speech ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm exhausted just reading this. You're definitely busy. Sounds like you're having a lot of fun, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge props to Skyscape! That is amazing of them! It's good to know there are awesome peeps out there, especially after you have an unfortunate encounter with not-so-awesome-peeps... like those that would steal those Kindles! Crap holes!!! HUGS TO YOU JESS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you should be an extra! That'd be fun, and maybe you'll see some movie stars! And good luck on the speech!
    I've never really watched Mad Men, though I love the dresses that they wear. I wish I could look as good as the women in even just one of those dresses.

    ReplyDelete