Friday, June 13, 2014

Finally Friday: Lip Sync Battle #3

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Friday, June 13, 2014 (eep...Friday the 13th...that's never good)
  • __3__ Gratitudes (summer vacay in full swing, easy copyedits, feta dip)
  • _2__ Units of Caffeinated Beverages (The Harts convenience store in Pleasant Grove, Utah has Diet Coke with Lime on tap!)
  • __5 hours_ Spent Writing (those copyedits aren't going to do themselves)
  • _2__ Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (smoothies and eggs for breakfast from real live chickens, and steaks, burgers, & salmon on the bbq with baked potatoes, the aforementioned feta dip, and green beans...FOR THE WIN!)
For many moons, my BFF (best freaking friend) and CP (critique partner), Erin Summerill, have been talking smack about having a Lip Sync Battle--inspired by our favorite movie, "Pitch Perfect" and Jimmy Fallon's epic battles on the Tonight Show. Well, we're done smack talking...and ready to start pitch slapping. This is week #3!

The rules are simple:
  • We both post our YouTube clips on our blogs every Friday.
  • 30 seconds minimum
  • 2 minutes maximum
  • F words are Frowned upon
  • extra points for dancing (even if I lose points for dancing like a white girl)
  • anyone can enter as a guest poster
And you vote via the comments. 

Here's my entry for this week:



And here's a special Guest Post Entry by my lil' bro, Jeff Coon:



Now go check out Erin Summerill's lip sync entry HERE.

Love,
Jessie Who Can Be Fancy From Time to Time

Also, I did a really fun interview for Las Vegas' best/most awesome magazine. Check it out HERE.

7 comments:

  1. Ha! Another one of Erin's bathrooms! Love it and your interpretive dance moves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously. Wha? You are so full of awesome I wanna be YOU when I grow up. No kidding. You NAILED it, girl! And you looked absolutely gorgeous doing it. Rock on!

    Now off to check out Erin's entry...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much talent!
    Hmm... and feta dip... yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay, you have to stop. you're killing me! ah! fabulous awesomeness! oh yes, new word. fabulawesome!!!

    cant wait to see erin's!
    oh, and great job with your edits and cooking (sorry, but the video took total precedence!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. and since you put yourself out there, i'll share one of the songs i wrote and recorded to show my mom... nothing FANCY! (it's really quite terrible, but it was for my mom)
    it's one of three for my anti-princess story (working with my illustrator on an animated storyboard!)
    http://youtu.be/vFyUQQu21I4

    ReplyDelete
  6. My vote is for Jeff!!! Not sure if it was the singing or those ARMS!!!


    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun showdown. I must look at the link now.

    ReplyDelete