Monday, June 30, 2014

Killer Monday: A Killer Weekend (In Pics)

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Monday, June 30, 2014
  • __3__ Gratitudes (morning writing routines, newborn babies, and hotel pools)
  • __2__ Units of Caffeinated (or otherwise non-water) Beverages (had me some Guarana--a soda pop made in Brazil--with fresh squeezed lemon from the tree AND freshly picked spearmint from the garden)
  • __1 hrs  Spent Writing (it's hard to write with World Cup on!)
  • _0__  Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (once again, I did the dishes ;/)

This past weekend was the American Library Association's Convention in Las Vegas. It was also a family vacation weekend to visit my brother's newborn baby in California. Since I'm tired from the whirlwind weekend of awesomeness, I'm going to post pictures to recap:

At ALA:

 w/ Deborah Bass-Publicity Lead at Amazon Children's Publishing

 w/ Valynne Maetani and Ilima Todd- two fabulous YA authors out of UT

 w/ Valynee Maetani, Christine Kohler, Kate Basset, Liz Czukas--YA authors from the OneFour Kidlit debut group (authors debuting in the year 2014)

Killing Ruby Rose along with other Skyscape books at the Brilliance Booth: The Eighth Guardian by Meredith McCardle, Gilded by Christina Farley, and Timebound by Rysa Walker--ALL books you should read!

Me posing like a poser.

w/ Timoney Korbar-Marketing Manager at Amazon Children's Publishing--celebrating her birthday at the Hard Rock Cafe

Then off to Cali...
my lil' bro Jeff with my niece and daughter

 my older bro John with his wife Michelle and son Drake

 me in a lounge chair soaking up the sun while the children braid my hair
my daughter holding a very happy Baby Drake!

That was my weekend! How was yours?

Love, 
Jessie 

7 comments:

  1. I love photo recaps! I felt like I was there with you. :-) So glad to see ALA went well and that you had a great time in CA. This week my goal is making a "vision board" thanks to you. I know that has nothing to do with this blog post, but I wanted to let you know you inspire me! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an amazing weekend! I'm impressed you were able to squeeze so much in and then have the every to blog about it already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a great vacation! I wish I could say I had a good weekend, but let's just say I'm actually glad it's Monday, which is something I never thought I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun times! Love the shades. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photo update. Im glad you got to meet your new nephew. Newborns are the best. The thing I'm most impressed with is your drink with fresh lemon and mint from your backyard 😋.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like the best weekend, ever!!! Lucky woman!

    ReplyDelete