Wednesday, June 4, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014
  • __3__ Gratitudes (clean house, time by the pool, last day of school for kids)
  • __2__ Units of Caffeinated Beverages (not bad, including a "healthy" coconut spritzer)
  •    3    Hours of Writing (poolside with my longtime writing bestie from UT, Chantele Sedgewick! t'was awesome)
  • __0  Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (fail...and I don't even care)
Today, I'm participating in What's Up Wednesday- a weekly writing meme to stay in touch.



WHAT I'M READING- 
  • A manuscript by a friend. Supagood!

WHAT I'M WRITING- 
  • Character Bible stuff for my French book = getting to know each of my characters and fleshing out what their motivations are. 

WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW-
  • Being inside or next to the pool as I write. WHAT?! It's already over a 100 degrees in Vegas!
WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO-
  • I am being interviewed on Literary Rambles today with my agent, Sarah Davies. This is a big deal to me because I've long-since been a Literary Rambles blog fan. There is no other blog like it with all the amazing agent information, interviews and giveaways. For example, for my giveaway today the prizes are: 
  1. 15 minute query critique by phone with Sarah Davies (aka: Best Agent int the Young Adult World)
  2. a paperback of KILLING RUBY ROSE
  3.  a Ruby Rose teeshirt
  4. $20 Amazon gift card
Check it out HERE. I say weird stuff as usual...

What's up with you?

Love,
Jessie 

13 comments:

  1. I love Literary Rambles...that's how I found my agent. And I loved those pics of you and Chantele by the pool. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing poolside sounds like a dream! Especially with a fellow blogger. How fun!

    I haven't cooked anything either, so I feel you there. The leftover soup and the bag of fun nuggets (dinosaur shaped, of course) have been calling my name...ugh. I think you've just inspired me to grab my cookbook!

    Glad you're having a productive summer! Happy Wednesday! :)

    Sam
    Writing Through College

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sweet shout out about our blog. Not been cooking much either. You're making me feel less guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Writing poolside sounds delightful! Enjoy :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss having a pool from when i lived in Texas! Definitely not needed up in WA! Headed over and loved the advice from both of you hotties ;)-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! 100F? That's terrible. O_o I'm so glad we don't get that hot up here. I like the warmer days, but not so hot that I can't function. At least you have a pool to write by, right? As for fleshing out character motivations, I think I should really set aside some time to do that too. Hope you're having a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always a spicy conversation with Jessie Humphries...love that girl ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Literary Rambles.I'll be popping over there next. And writing next to the pool sounds heavenly. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like things are going great for you! Good luck with the interview! I wish I was writing by the pool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Considering it's winter and gloomy Down Under, I'm seriously envious of your poolside writing. Sounds like a busy week and some exciting times ahead, Jessie! Have a wonderful week!

    - Caitie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh geez, I can't handle 100 degree whether, especially since I'm a pasty redhead. I can see why you've been writing next to the pool. How about IN the pool? Have fun fleshing out your characters. I love that part!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ah, the pool. i write there too. while the kids play. it's fun to be amidst the chaos and still be somewhere else, especially when the chaos is someone else's =)

    way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great interview--and now I understand why the French phrases come quickly to mind at the moment: you're working on a French novel! :) I hope you have a wonderful writing week.

    ReplyDelete