Wednesday, June 18, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014
  • __3__ Gratitudes (Red Lobster biscuits, inspiring Facebook posts, French things)
  • __2__ Units of Caffeinated Beverages (drank a butt-load of water because Vegas is hot as H right now)
  •    1    Hours of Writing (yet a ton of productive non-writing-of-books-type writing took place)
  • __1  Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (Eggs and Soldiers--over easy eggs with strips of buttered toast for dipping...don't ask me why it's called that. I had a British roommate and that's what she called them--kids love it, super easy to make, and costs about 25 cents per kid...WIN.)
Today, I'm participating in What's Up Wednesday- a weekly writing meme to stay in touch.



WHAT I'M READING- 
  • ELEMENTAL HUNGER by Elana Johnson. I may be biased because I claim Elana as my bff, favorite tennis buddy, independent publicist, and mentor...but whatev. This is a great book! Summer reading is in full swing. 
WHAT I'M WRITING- 
  • Copyedits and cover copy for RESISTING RUBY ROSE. Not too bad, but time consuming. 

WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW-
  • Vision boards, positive thinking stuff, and inspirational Facebook share videos, like this one:


WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO-
  • Traveling a bit for authorly stuff. Tomorrow I am going to Utah to participate in the Professional Author Series at the Pleasant Grove Library. I'm doing a presentation with my CP, Peggy Eddleman. The title of our talk is "How To Put The Villi In Your Critique Partner's Vanilli." Just kidding, Peggy would never allow such an inappropriate title for a community event. The event is at 7:00 pm for all you Utahns...COME OUT AND SEE US!!!
  • I will also be staying in Utah for Strawberry Days festivities with my kid lets through the weekend: carnival, parade, fireworks, etc. Summertime is awesome. Who wants to hang? 

What's up with you?

Love,
Jessie 

13 comments:

  1. *raises hand* I want to hang out! :) See you tomorrow night!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to come! Also, imma gonna be at ALA next week. Are you going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure I can resist another Ruby Rose novel (aka, hurry up with those copy edits). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the editing and the rest of your authorly duties :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elana's new series looks so cool!

    Enjoy all the travel and author things! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, Elemental Hunger sounds like a great read! I'll have to add it to my list! Enjoy all your authorly stuff...sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to check out Elana's book. I read POSSESSION and really liked it! Good luck with the edits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jaime gave me a copy of POSSESSION by Elana Johnson which I really need to get reading. Have a great trip to Utah, and I hope your presentation goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your authorly duties! But it also seems like you're going to have a lot of summer fun too. Enjoy it all! :)

    RE: my leggings - the Wonderland ones & my sister's mermaids are from BlackMilk Clothing. They have tons of geeky and plain cool leggings! (I also have a Hamlet pair). The SHERLOCK wallpaper leggings are from Goldbubble Clothing. Unfortunately, that collection was a limited run, BUT they said they're going to do another Sherlock-themed run in the future. Currently, they have a pretty cool The Last Unicorn collection up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Just FYI, Goldbubble Clothing just released their new Sherlock line. It has new stuff, but it includes my Sherlock wallpaper leggings! I remembered you were asking about them, so here's the heads up! The collection is only for a limited time though.

      Delete
  10. I love Elana's novels! Can't wait to read this one. Good luck on copy edits!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All the best for the talk, Jessie. I know you'll have fun. :) May you have a great week with both writing and the non-writing authorly stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl, you do it all! Love it. I'm excited to read Elana's book. It has to be fabulous! Maybe if I can swing it, I'll come stalk you while you're in good ol' Utah!

    ReplyDelete