Monday, July 28, 2014

Killer Monday: Things That Are Trying To Kill Me

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Monday, July 28, 2014
  • __3__ Gratitudes (clean laundry, fresh sheets, the smell of Tide...yes, I have a simple life)
  • __2__ Units of Caffeinated (or otherwise non-water) Beverages (1 Diet Cokie for my soul and 1 Raspberry Tea for my lady parts)
  • __2 hrs  Spent Writing (read-through/2nd draft done)
  • _1__  Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (turkey dinner with roasted red potatoes, gravy and green beans)

So last week I posted some awesome pics of my adventurous summer vacations: shootin' guns, canoein', saddlin' up to bars in famous places, etc. We were in the mountains, going on hikes in the cool mountain air, having campfires under the bright mountain stars. 

Well, that sh*$! is over...

This week consisted of several things that are trying to kill me: (here are the bullets)

  • 114 loads of laundry to wash and fold (slight exaggeration);
  • 114 bored children who can't go outside to play because they're bodies will fry like bacon (slight exaggeration);
  • 114 degree heat in this Iraqi desert called Las Vegas (no exaggeration AT ALL!); and
  • no new episodes of Game of Thrones for like ever....
What's the point of continuing on?!

Love,
Jessie Who Might Not Make It To August



4 comments:

  1. Wish we had a little of that heat. We're going to be lucky to hit 70 today and I have to dress for Fall when I take my daughter on her college visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laundry after a long trip is THE WORST.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, dear! Hang in there! We are all hoping you make it to August. . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imaging Vegas in the summer. Too hot for me. Even here it's too hot, and you've got quite a few degrees up on us. Stay strong girl! Make play doh for the kiddos and look forward to fall! :)

    ReplyDelete