Wednesday, July 23, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014
  • __3__ Gratitudes (awesome publicists, beautiful views, coming home)
  • __2.5__ Units of Caffeinated Beverages (I've decided that I'm not a fan of McD's Diet Coke...it's hard to explain, but there's this waxy aftertaste that I can't handle. Am I crazy?)
  • __1  Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (oatmeal with chocolate chips was the highlight of the day...yeah, not quite a "delight")
Today, I'm participating in What's Up Wednesday- a weekly writing meme to stay in touch.



WHAT I'M READING- 
  • Final Pass pages for Resisting Ruby Rose, Book 2 in the Ruby Rose Series. I actually love reading my story in a pdf like a reader. I don't suck all the time! 

WHAT I'M WRITING- 
  • I FINISHED drafting my French Contemporary YA! Gosh, that feels soooo good. Huzzah! It's not exactly a first draft at this point though since I didn't feel like I finish the last 20,000 words without revising the first 50,000. Anyway, now I'm revising the last bit, so it's more like a second draft. I gotta get it out to betas and CP's ASAP. 

WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW-
  • Big ideas. Grandiose dreams. Unrealistic/improbable goal setting. Guess what? Sometimes those big ideas work, those grandiose dreams come true, and those unrealistic/improbable/asinine goals are achieved. I've got some of those cookin'...
WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO-
  • I just got home from a 2 week road trip vacay spanning five states: Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming. While it was so fun, and the kids had the time of their lives hiking, swimming, fishing, roasting marshmallows, chasing cows, staying up to midnight, etc....it's so nice to be home. I have to soak it up though because we're off again to another state next week. While Mr. Humphries takes the kids to the beach, I'll be hanging out with my agent, writing friends, and other exciting people at SCBWI in L.A. 

What's up with you?

Love,
Jessie 

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an exciting two weeks! I would love to get out to the western US - maybe do a Rt. 66 road trip.

    I think this is only my second time stopping by your blog, but I can honestly say I find it inspiring! Your enthusiasm and passion for life and writing is infectious. I love your "What Inspires Me Right Now" section. Big dreams are important.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing your draft. You deserve some ice cream. Go wild, get nuts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read my own stories in a pdf reader too! I find it helps me get out of my editing mindset and actually enjoy the story (though, of course, I'll pick up on errors anyway). Congratulations on finishing your draft, hopefully the editing goes smoothly. Have a good time in L.A. next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on finishing the draft! :) Sounds like you've had an amazing trip, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES!! Can't wait to read your next two books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful road trip! I've been to all of those states except Idaho. Congrats on finishing the draft! Have an awesome week ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on getting so far with your writing Jess. Grandiose ideas are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh la la, French Contemp YA sounds very interesting! Great job with all the progress, sounds like you'll be polishing it off any time soon :) Have a wonderful week, Jess!

    - Caitie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on finishing your French Contemporary YA. I love your inspiration section. Everything you said is so true!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for big ideas and grandiose dreams. And an even bigger YAY for completed drafts. I hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for big ideas and grandiose dreams. And an even bigger YAY for completed drafts. I hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woot!! Huge congrats on finishing the draft! You rock, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like an amazing family trip!
    Also, congrats on finishing your rough draft!!

    ReplyDelete