Wednesday, July 30, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014
  • __3__ Gratitudes (other people's awesome pools, tooth fairy delighted kids, getting stuff checked of to-do lists)
  • __4__ Units of Caffeinated Beverages (gotta stay hydrated!)
  • __1  Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (homemade bean & cheese burritos--you know, with the kind of tortillas that you cook yourself. yum.)
Today, I'm participating in What's Up Wednesday- a weekly writing meme to stay in touch.



WHAT I'M READING- 
  • Beta-reading for a friend. 
  • Re-reading WORLD AFTER by Susan EE. It's pretty rare that I re-read stuff, but sometimes it's nice to read with a more careful "writer's" eye.
  • Reading/studying the screenplay for HUNGER GAMES. Might be dabbling in this new kind of writing soon...

WHAT I'M WRITING- 
  • Mostly legal documents. Been wearing the "white hat" this week. (haha, anyone get the SCANDAL reference?)

WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW-
  • Writing and reading in beautiful places. I'm the kind of person that my environment, my surroundings, my feng shui really matters. I don't do well trying to write in a dark corner of my house with kids screaming at me that they're hungry again (five minutes after I just got done cleaning up my short order cookin' breakfast). Call me crazy but I prefer a quiet morning watching the sun rise over the Teton mountains. Or nice spot on the Pier when the sun is setting  over the Pacific. I love listening to the white noise of bustling pedestrians or the slow jamming of Jack Johnson in my earbuds. I love sipping on some lovely caffeinated beverage, nibbling on Chili Limon sunflower seeds, and enjoying a fresh breeze. That's what inspires me right now.
WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO-
  • I'm headed to SCBWI in L.A. this weekend. Actually leaving tonight to get there nice and early. Might have some of that inspiring writing time on the beach before the actual conference starts on Friday. 
  • I finally watched ZERO DARK THIRTY and feeling all kinds of inspired by that bad-A chick Maya who never. gave. up. on her goal. Pretty inspiring stuff.
  • I've got a vlog tour going right now, where several videos about me or KILLING RUBY ROSE are roaming the internets/blogosphere. Today the stop is here: http://bookcrush.in/giveaways/killing-ruby-rose-jessie-humphries-vlog-tour-giveaway/

What's up with you?

Love,
Jessie 

6 comments:

  1. Have a great time in LA! :D

    That *does* sound like a beautiful place. Can I come? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on needing a peaceful environment to write. Have fun at the conference in LA this weekend, and I hope you get that writing session on the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy LA. SCBWI sounds like lots of fun. Enjoy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved World After, I need to re-read it before the next one comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am right there with you re: writing in beautiful places. It makes such a difference!! We should go somewhere beautiful soon. Blue Ridge Mountains, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, you're making me jealous with your inspiration talk ;) What I wouldn't give for a hefty dose of sunshine and Jack Johnson right now...

    Enjoy your time in LA, and have a wonderful week Jessie!

    - Caitie

    ReplyDelete