Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.
Wednesday, July 9, 2014
- __3__ Gratitudes (salted caramel cupcakes, organized closets, the anticipation of going on vacation--they say anticipation is better than the event. True?)
- __3__ Units of Caffeinated Beverages (those closets didn't get organized by themselves!)
- 0 Hours of Writing (got sidetracked in the closets)
- __0 Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (Ramen and warmed up roast beef from Sunday dinner does not a delight make, but whatevs)
Today, I'm participating in What's Up Wednesday- a weekly writing meme to stay in touch.
WHAT I'M READING-
- GAMING FOR LOVE, a new adult romance by Crystal Perkins. Crystal is a B&N Manager, an organizer of the Vegas Valley Book Festival, and member of my Vegas writing group. She's also a great friend with excellent taste in cupcakes. Last night I was able to attend her launch party and it was fabulous.
WHAT I'M WRITING-
- I've added a few more characters in this round of revisions and I'm writing some extra scenes for them. One of my favorite new characters is a lot like Lady Grantham from Downton Abbey, except for she's French. She may be grumpy and stuck in her ways, but always clever and funny. I'm having a ton of fun with her. There's also a part of her that reminds me of my own grandmother, who passed a few years ago. It's almost like spending time with her. :)
WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW-
- Creative opportunities. Turns out that this whole writing novels thing takes a butt-load of time and energy. I'm finding, however, that there are lots of ways to use a talent for writing. I won't say much about this quite yet, but let's just say I'm digging some ideas that have been presented to me.
WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO-
- Last week I referenced one of my dreams coming true by being interviewed on NPR. The episode will air today!!! Sometime between 9:30-10:00 am (PST) and then will be rebroadcasted sometime between 8:30-9:00 pm (PST). The segment is called State of Nevada, so I'm fairly certain it will only be broadcasted here in Nevada, but you can always listen live via the internets. Here is the LINK.
- I've almost hit 500 Amazon reviews for my debut KILLING RUBY ROSE, which came out April 1st. At the time of writing this post, the review count is 497--hopefully it'll hit 500 by the end of the day. I'm pretty stoked about that! Thank you so much to anyone and everyone who reviews. I appreciate the hell out of you!
What's up with you?