Tuesday, July 8, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014
  • __3__ Gratitudes (salted caramel cupcakes, organized closets, the anticipation of going on vacation--they say anticipation is better than the event. True?)
  • __3__ Units of Caffeinated Beverages (those closets didn't get organized by themselves!)
  •   0    Hours of Writing (got sidetracked in the closets)
  • __0  Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (Ramen and warmed up roast beef from Sunday dinner does not a delight make, but whatevs)
Today, I'm participating in What's Up Wednesday- a weekly writing meme to stay in touch.



WHAT I'M READING- 
  • GAMING FOR LOVE, a new adult romance by Crystal Perkins. Crystal is a B&N Manager, an organizer of the Vegas Valley Book Festival, and member of my Vegas writing group. She's also a great friend with excellent taste in cupcakes. Last night I was able to attend her launch party and it was fabulous.





WHAT I'M WRITING- 
  • I've added a few more characters in this round of revisions and I'm writing some extra scenes for them. One of my favorite new characters is a lot like Lady Grantham from Downton Abbey, except for she's French. She may be grumpy and stuck in her ways, but always clever and funny. I'm having a ton of fun with her. There's also a part of her that reminds me of my own grandmother, who passed a few years ago. It's almost like spending time with her. :)

WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW-
  • Creative opportunities. Turns out that this whole writing novels thing takes a butt-load of time and energy. I'm finding, however, that there are lots of ways to use a talent for writing. I won't say much about this quite yet, but let's just say I'm digging some ideas that have been presented to me. 
WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO-
  • Last week I referenced one of my dreams coming true by being interviewed on NPR. The episode will air today!!! Sometime between 9:30-10:00 am (PST) and then will be rebroadcasted sometime between 8:30-9:00 pm (PST). The segment is called State of Nevada, so I'm fairly certain it will only be broadcasted here in Nevada, but you can always listen live via the internets. Here is the LINK.
  • I've almost hit 500 Amazon reviews for my debut KILLING RUBY ROSE, which came out April 1st. At the time of writing this post, the review count is 497--hopefully it'll hit 500 by the end of the day. I'm pretty stoked about that! Thank you so much to anyone and everyone who reviews. I appreciate the hell out of you!

What's up with you?

Love,
Jessie 

15 comments:

  1. Congrats on your interview. I'll try to tune in online. :D Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cakes look delicious :D

    Sounds like you've got exciting times ahead. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love NA books so I definitely have to check out Gaming For Love.

    Novel writing does take up a lot of time and energy but it can be loads of fun.

    It could be because my favorite color is pink but I love your blog layout!

    Have a good week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. NPR is huge! Even if it is just for Nevada, still--it's NPR! Congrautlations, and I hope you have a fun-filled vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the interview, that's amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome about NPR and all your reviews. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cupcakes look devine. Congrats on the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those cupcakes are very cool! I like the sounds of this character who is a bit like Lady Grantham. As a Downton fan, I think that's fascinating! Hope you're having a wonderful week, Jessie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Lady Grantham! She's such a great character and Maggie Smith is spectacular in the role. Congrats on almost reaching 500 reviews! That's quite the milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well now I want cupcakes, lol. Sounds like LOTS of fun busyness!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your character sounds fun! I'm obsessed with Downton Abbey too though, so that sort of thing just appeals to me. :) Congrats on your NPR interview and your reviews! That's great.

    Hope you have a great week!

    Re: your lovely comment on my post - thanks for the dog compliments! I've been teaching him to "wait" for treats. Probably the best thing I've taught him since he's treat-motivated and I like taking pictures of him. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally hear you about how writing a character similar to your grandmother is like spending real time with her. I had a character like my grandfather in my WIP and he was in many ways the heart of the book. But for a lot of reasons, I had to cut him out completely. I kind of mourned him again, you know? But I figured I'd just cryogenically freeze that character and resurrect him in a different book. Because writers are weird like that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I almost DON'T want to eat those cupcakes! Just save them forever as home decor. Haha. Happy writing chica!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, sorry that your hours of writing got lost in the closets, but it sounds like you've got a lot of other great stuff going on. Yay for cupcakes! It's been too long since I dropped by.

    ReplyDelete