Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.
Wednesday, August 6, 2014
- __3__ Gratitudes (California humidity, Starbucks cake pops, sleeping in)
- __1__ Units of Caffeinated Beverages (hmmm, how did that happen?!)
- __0__ Hours of Writing (shopping for back to school takes precedence)
- __1 Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (steak, brats, corn on cob on the grill, fresh green beans...all warmed up from the night before. Haha, I didn't actually make any of it, but I warmed it up pretty good :)
Today, I'm participating in What's Up Wednesday- a weekly writing meme to stay in touch.
WHAT I'M READING-
- Beta-reading for a friend.
- But I just bought my girl, Lori Lee's new book that just came out: GATES OF THREAD AND STONE. You should all go buy it right. this. second!
WHAT I'M WRITING-
- Since I'm waiting to hear back from beta readers, I'm not really writing. I'm thinking though. And learning--lots of that.
WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW-
- Writers! I went to SCBWI in L.A. this last weekend and had an experience much like Baby from Dirty Dancing: I had the time of my life. Here are some fairly terrible pictures with poor lighting and even worse focus:
SCBWI Pool Party Dance floor selfie
The well-thought-out, super-Pinteresty, awesome party invitations from
Jessica Love and Dana Elmendorf
The hot-bodied Morgan Shamy
Allie Brennan, Melanie Jacobsen, and Jolen Perry on the dance floor
The Gorgeous Sophia Chang (though you can't see her gorgeous face very well)
WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO-
- taking classes about characterization from Maggie Stievater,
- hanging out with my agent (Sarah Davies) and agency sisters (Lindsey Leavitt, Kat Yeh, Catherine Linka, Jennie Moyer, and the oh-so-fabulous Martha Brockenborough)
- getting all kinds of inspired from Judy Blume and Tomie dePaola
- getting so crazy on the dance floor that I freaked at least six female colleages and accidentally hit Jay Asher in the junk
- Beach time
- Shopping time
- Sleepy time
- 31 Flavors time
That is all.
What's up with you?