Tuesday, October 28, 2014

It's Official Release Day!!! The Story of How It Happened (In Dumb & Dumber Gifs)

Once upon a time, there was a dreamer named Jessica Allison Coon Humphries, Esq., but people just called her Jessie...

(circa 1996 A.D.)

Jessie grew up to have a slew of children and a messy house...



so one day she got the crazy idea to write a book...



except, the book was truly sucky...



and even when others (friends, agents, editors) told her how truly sucky it was (like a one in a million chance of getting published), she still held on to hope...


so she pumped herself up and wrote another book...



but it was also sucky...


so Jessie got serious and wrote some more books...


until many years later... a big-time agent finally said, "Hey, this is a great book...let me sell it for you..."


and then an editor said, "I want to buy this book..and also the next book in the series..."


and Jessie wept tears of joy (almost threw up) and said, "Of course, I'll get right on top of writing the second book."

So the first book, KILLING RUBY ROSE, came out on April 1, 2014 as a Kindle First Pick...


Jessie had a killer launch party at the Container Park Downtown with an amazing turnout...


selling more copies than she ever dared hope for...



and the second book, RESISTING RUBY ROSE, released six months later...TODAY!!!


 Jessie had another killer book launch at the Gold Spike Downtown...


And Jessie celebrated with food and was happy...



The end.

(Dang, maybe I still write sucky stories).

P.S. You can buy both books HERE.

11 comments:

  1. Ohmygosh I love this so very much. HUGE CONGRATS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is officially one of my favorite road to publication stories I've seen. Love the GIFs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel angry that you were cute all the way back in middle school. Really, Jessie? REALLY?! No awkward stage.

    Well.

    Congrats on the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, love this sucky to published story. Just hoping I can follow in my lovely mentor's footsteps! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Great story, Jessie! I think we all write sucky books in the beginning. :)

    Congratulations on the release of Resisting Ruby Rose! Looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore gifs and these are fantastic! great story and huge congrats to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your first book is killer. So is your second. Congrats, Jessie! :)

    ReplyDelete