Thursday, October 2, 2014

Silvern by Christina Farley

Some of you may recall a book I reviewed (and highly recommended) earlier in the year: 


Well, I wasn't the only one who loved this book:

Praise for GILDED, the first book in the series:
“An amazing contemporary fantasy that explores the vast legends of Korea, this richly detailed novel kept me turning the pages well into the night. Jae Hwa starts off as a strong character and ends as a noble one, using both her brains and her brawn to win the day–she’s exactly the kind of girl YA literature needs.”
~from Beth Revis, NY Times Bestselling author of Across the Universe series


"Farley brings South Korea's fascinating culture and mythology into vivid detail in this shining debut, and Jae is a compelling heroine. An exotic, thrilling read, GILDED had me utterly entranced!" 
                        ~from Jessica Khoury, author of ORIGIN and VITRO

No wonder it sold like hot cakes! Well, now book #2 in the Gilded Series, SILVERN, is out and ready to be devoured by fans like me:



Go get yourself a copy: Available at Amazon, BAM, IndieBound, and Barnes & Noble
Add to Goodreads

MY REVIEW: I loved this book! Christina is a master of weaving ancient mythology, Korean culture and history into a very contemporary book. I truly admire the way the story is told with such a mixture of educational and emotional depth. I guarantee you that I am smarter for having read these books. I've always had Korean friends in my life, but I've never appreciated the Korean culture more than after having read GILDED and SILVERN. From exotic food to breathtaking landscape, and from beautiful clothing to powerful Eastern spirituality, this book has such a wealth of diversity nuggets of gold. And yet, it's told from the viewpoint of a young teenage girl who manages to be charming, relatable, courageous and kick-A in every way. And in book 2, Jae Hwa needs all these skills because this time she's facing the most powerful immortals in all of Korea. I ORDER YOU ALL TO BUY THIS BOOK NOW! IT'S SO GOOD.

Full disclosure, I may be a bit biased because the beautiful Christina Farley is a great author friend of mine:

In fact, she's even coming to Las Vegas this month for the Vegas Valley Book Festival and to promote the national writing contest that we are hosting along with four of our author friends, Lori Lee, Meredith McCardle, Rysa Walker, and Chuck Wendig, called The Sky's The Limit Writing Contest (www.skyauthors.com). She'll even be at my big book launch party on Saturday, October 18th at the GOLD SPIKE from 6:30-8:30 if you'd like to buy her book then and get it signed.


Her's your chance to WIN COOL STUFF:

a Rafflecopter giveaway

3 comments:

  1. I'm certain biased or not you know talent when you see it Jess. Congrats on book two Christina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Jessie! YOU are amazing and incredibly thoughtful. I can't wait for your book 2 and going on tour with you! It's going to be amazing and in just 1 one week! Ahhhhhhhh!!!!! Also, be warned, I'm going to video the whole trip. It's going to be epic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These 24 blogs of ours are to help you get a total plethora of ideeas:

    You're a writer? Crool shoes. Me, too (kinda, sorta). I know for a fact, however, you gotta whole lotta intelligence behind those two ears, girl; thus, I wanna give you my finite existence: to intrinsically value the Great Beyond which I’ve learned to appreciate, to visualize the fundamental reality of infinity is why I‘m here for a teeny-weeny amount of time. Looky here...

    Precisely why I had our ‘philanthropic + epiphany’ (=so much to give + vision): wanna see a perfectly cognizant, fully-spectacular, Son-ripened-Heaven?? … yet, I’m not sure if we're on the same page if you saw what I saw. Greetings, earthling. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s Big-Bang’s gonna be like: meet this advanced, bombastic, ex-mortal Upstairs for the most juvenile-lip-service, extra-groovy, secret-sauce-paradox, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Yummy-Reality-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-some-ass, party-hardy, robust-N-risqué-passion you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-smmmokin’-hot-deal enveloping, engulfing our catch-22-excitotoxins. Cya soon, girl…

    ReplyDelete