Wednesday, October 8, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.

Wednesday, October 8, 2014
  • __3__ Gratitudes (cool weather, hoodies, being outside)
  • __3__ Units of Caffeinated (or otherwise non-water) Beverages (happiness is my new Keurig)
  • __2 hrs  Spent Writing (er...writing-ish stuff)
  • _0__  Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (Panera Asian Salad is my new addiction. At least I got the kids oatmeal for breakfast and their lunches packed.)

Today, I'm participating in What's Up Wednesday- a weekly writing meme to stay in touch.



WHAT I'M READING- 
  • PitchWars mentee manuscripts. NEEDLE'S EYE by Mara Rutherford and THE DRAMA QUEEN WHO CRIED WOLF by Jocelyn Rish. So good. Both awesome reads for this Halloweeny time of year. 
  • A bunch of other books I put down and meant to pick back up. Fall is my favorite time to read. Outside :)
WHAT I'M WRITING- 
  • The other night someone inspired an AMAZING new story that I'm going to write. It's in the brainstorming stage, but I'm pretty sure that I'm going to make it a picture book and have my daughter illustrate it. I can't say anything about it because it's in that "precious" stage where I don't want anyone to steal it, or touch it, or even look at it. GET AWAY FROM MY SHINY PRECIOUS! 

WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW-
  • Reading about all the new author deals going on. My agent has recently announced some incredible news about my agency sisters & bros landing sweet contracts with awesome editors/publishers. I know for some people this kind of stuff brings jealousy, but honestly for me it gives me so much hope! If they can do it, I can do it. We all can do it. And it will be hotdamnamazeballs for us too.

WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO-

Planning and preparing for school visits promoting The Sky's The Limit Writing Contest (a national writing contest for grades 6-12) and the SkYAuthors Book Tour--Christina Farley, Meredith McCardle and Lori M. Lee are coming to Vegas and Utah for a bunch of events, such as:
  • MAIN STREET BOOKS, in Cedar City, Utah. Wednesday, October 15th, after Christina, Meredith, and Lori finish our school visits at Cedar High School and Canyon View High School, we're going to have a book signing party at Main Street Books (25 N Main St, Cedar City, UT 84720). UTAH PEEPS: If you live near Cedar, please come see us! There will be ice cream! 
  • VEGAS VALLEY BOOK FESTIVAL on Saturday, October 18th. I'll be on the Sesquicentennial Panel for Nevada Authors at 10:00 am in the Young Adult Tent 2. 
  • RESISTING RUBY ROSE Book Launch Party at the Gold Spike (217 Las Vegas Blvd.) also on Saturday, October 18th from 6:30-8:30 (after the Vegas Valley Book Festival is over). 
What's up with you?

Love,
Jessie

7 comments:

  1. Awesome you read Jocelyn's manuscript. Have fun on the tour. Awesome you're doing it with Christina and Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun on the tour…sounds like it will be a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Ruby Rose, but it looks cool! I'll add to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessie, exciting news about the pitch wars mss! Your book launch party is on my birthday so I know it will be a good day! I completely agree with your attitude about the success of fellow writers - I always say we rise together.

    Hold your cards close while your PB is in its infancy stage. But let us all know when it's ready for purchase! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Sky Jumpers 2! Got it on Monday and I'm planning to finish it this week. Bought a notebook this week to start a new novel I have been inspired to as well. It is under my pseudonym and I too need to keep my own precious under wraps. It's so wonderful to hear fellow writers we know get deals. Cassie Mae is riding high on that right now. But I'm inspired by getting and buying books by my writer friends I know I'll love. I just pre-ordered 25 Roses by Stephanie Farris less than an hour ago on TBD. I plan to pre-order Woven by David King and Michael next month. Have to save for that laptop so I need to pace myself. Enjoy your day Jessie...and night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, the Resisting Ruby Rose launch party—Sounds fun! Wish I lived closer so I could attend...I'll guess I'll have to tell my sister to go instead! :)

    And yes, keep your shiny precious close to your chest!! New book ideas are so fun. Enjoy your launch party and book tours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite thing about you, Jessie, is your uber-positive attitude. I love that you're not jealous of your friends' successes, and that, instead, they inspire you. *blows cyber kisses at you* I hope you're doing well. I'm excited for the release of RUBY 2!

    ReplyDelete