Wednesday, October 8, 2014
- __3__ Gratitudes (cool weather, hoodies, being outside)
- __3__ Units of Caffeinated (or otherwise non-water) Beverages (happiness is my new Keurig)
- __2 hrs Spent Writing (er...writing-ish stuff)
- _0__ Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (Panera Asian Salad is my new addiction. At least I got the kids oatmeal for breakfast and their lunches packed.)
Today, I'm participating in What's Up Wednesday- a weekly writing meme to stay in touch.
WHAT I'M READING-
- PitchWars mentee manuscripts. NEEDLE'S EYE by Mara Rutherford and THE DRAMA QUEEN WHO CRIED WOLF by Jocelyn Rish. So good. Both awesome reads for this Halloweeny time of year.
- A bunch of other books I put down and meant to pick back up. Fall is my favorite time to read. Outside :)
WHAT I'M WRITING-
- The other night someone inspired an AMAZING new story that I'm going to write. It's in the brainstorming stage, but I'm pretty sure that I'm going to make it a picture book and have my daughter illustrate it. I can't say anything about it because it's in that "precious" stage where I don't want anyone to steal it, or touch it, or even look at it. GET AWAY FROM MY SHINY PRECIOUS!
WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW-
- Reading about all the new author deals going on. My agent has recently announced some incredible news about my agency sisters & bros landing sweet contracts with awesome editors/publishers. I know for some people this kind of stuff brings jealousy, but honestly for me it gives me so much hope! If they can do it, I can do it. We all can do it. And it will be hotdamnamazeballs for us too.
WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO-
- MAIN STREET BOOKS, in Cedar City, Utah. Wednesday, October 15th, after Christina, Meredith, and Lori finish our school visits at Cedar High School and Canyon View High School, we're going to have a book signing party at Main Street Books (25 N Main St, Cedar City, UT 84720). UTAH PEEPS: If you live near Cedar, please come see us! There will be ice cream!
- VEGAS VALLEY BOOK FESTIVAL on Saturday, October 18th. I'll be on the Sesquicentennial Panel for Nevada Authors at 10:00 am in the Young Adult Tent 2.
- RESISTING RUBY ROSE Book Launch Party at the Gold Spike (217 Las Vegas Blvd.) also on Saturday, October 18th from 6:30-8:30 (after the Vegas Valley Book Festival is over).