Wednesday, December 3, 2014
- __3__ Gratitudes (rainy days, hot fires, Christmas music in the air)
- __6__ Units of Caffeinated (or otherwise non-water) Beverages (yikes...maybe I should have been stronger and not impluse-bought that 24 pack of Coke Zero on sale at Target)
- __0 hrs Spent Writing (I'm in reading mode)
- _0__ Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (after arguing with children if we were going to have Taco Tuesday or vegetable curry, my mom got on the phone and ordered pizza and salad. I wish my mom hung out at my house more often.)
Today, I'm back to participating in What's Up Wednesday- a weekly writing meme to stay in touch.
WHAT I'M READING-
- MY CP's Fantasy which is sooo good and is about to be snapped up.
- FANGIRL by Rainbow Rowell. This book keeps surprising me, in pleasant ways.
WHAT I'M WRITING-
- I've got three pots on the stove--which is way too many for me! Revisions per my agent on my French novel, Ruby Rose 3 and a novella thingy that I just got excited about. I must make up my mind which to tackle most immediately.
WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW-
- All things holidays. The lights. The music. The pie. I had such a wonderful Thanksgiving last week, full of food, snuggly kids, and sledding in the mountains. Writing by the fire has to be one of my all-time favorite activities evah!
- I'm also so stoked about this years PitchWars, which wrapped up last month. I picked Mara Rutherford (and her Russian fairytale retelling) as my Mentee, and Jocelyn Rish (and her contemporary thriller) as my Alternate Mentee. Combined, Mara and Jocelyn received more agent requests than any other team: a whopping 24 requests! Go Team B-words! Mara is now represented by John Cusick of the Greenhouse Lit (my agency) and the way it happened is so cool and INSPIRING! I promise to blog about it next week.
WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO-
- I tried (and failed) to get on the Ellen show last week. We researched the H out of standby tickets, got up at 5:00 am to leave Huntington Beach and get to L.A. by 6:00 am, we waited at the top of the line for 3.5 hours until an Ellen worker came out and told us, "Sorry, no standby tickets available today. None at all." We cried and went and ate our faces off. On a happier note, I was with some of my favorite writing friends the whole time: Erin Summerill, Melanie Jacobsen, and Brittany Larsen. Maybe next time, girls!
- I haven't been in town on the weekend for a month straight. And this weekend I'm leaving again. I'm going to Utah for my bestie, Erin Summerill's book launch for her gorgeous, awesome, amazing photography book CLICKOLOGIE. It's a non-fiction book for those of us who are amateur picture takers (of family, friends, pretty things) but really have little idea what we're doing. This book is full of easy tips and suggestions on how to make your pictures look professional. Go get it!
- I'm also doing a BOOK SIGNING EVENT with Erin at Salt Lake City's premier indie bookstore, The King' English this Saturday, December 6th, from 4:00-6:00 pm. So all my Utah people, come! We're gonna hang out afterward and eat and party. ALL the cool kids will be there (and by "cool kids" I mean "writing people who spend most of their day in pajamas and talking to themselves about their books" like me :) This is a pic of the King's English Bookshop. I've never been there before but it looks like the cutest little quaint place ever to buy books! So come and buy some books for Christmas presents.
What's up with you?