Friday, February 28, 2014
- __3__ Gratitudes (neighbors who let me scrounge off them for dinner, a clean house, sleeping with the window open--nobody come break in and pull an Edward Cullen on me while I'm sleeping please)
- _2__ Units of Caffeinated (or otherwise non-water) Beverages (huzzah! and one of them was an electrolyte orange smoothie with a little oomph)
- __0 hrs_ Spent Writing (but 5 hours of long-overdue house cleaning which was the suckiest of all suck-A uses of time ever...but yes necessary so I don't get put on an episode of Hoarders)
- _1__ Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (Micky Mouse chicken nuggets might not be a culinary masterpiece but the kids sure delight in them)
According to the Chinese Zodiac, 2014 is the:
YEAR OF THE HORSE
And guess who happens to be a horse? This gal! (Picture me with thumbs extended pointing at my horse-face). This only happens once every 12 years, so you better believe that I am going to be soaking up all the zodiac-induced-excitement.
So here are some exciting things to report:
- My step-daughter Kenzie is coming into town today and I absolutely love spending time with her. We binge-watch Doctor Who and Sherlock, we drink root beer, and we hang out more like sisters than the whole overplayed evil stepmother/red headed stepdaughter thing.
- I hired an amazing photographer/filmmaker out of L.A. to create a trailer for KILLING RUBY ROSE: J.J. Huckin. You MUST check out this link to see a sample of his work. He is so unbelievably talented.
- I have a cover for my book! (This probably should have come first). I've officially received the real-life, shockingly beautiful cover art for KRR. It's dark, edgy, sexy...well, maybe not sexy. There's no heaving bosoms or shredded abs, but there's some sass fo' sho'. I'll be doing a special reveal and giveaway next week.
- I've acquired a "Creative Director" to help me with all the activities connected with my book launch and coordinate with Downtown Projects: Meleah Anderson Smith--the most artistically creative and imaginative person I've ever met. She's a Las Vegas Academy graduate (the only high school in Vegas that focuses on the arts), she's a school teacher and sign language interpreter, and has more hipster street cred than I could possibly hope for.
- I've reached out to an awesome Las Vegas-based band called A Crowd of Small Adventures and asked them to write an original KRR song and to play it at my book launch extravaganza, and guess what they said? They said, "Horse-face, it looks like it's your year...yes." (That might not be a direct quote). I can't even wrap my brain around the awesomeness of this situation. Here's one of their videos:
There's seriously so much more to be excited about, but I'll stop there for now.
What's exciting in your world? And where did this month go?
Jessie With A Shot At The Night