Wednesday, August 27, 2014
- __3__ Gratitudes (nicer weather, getting back on schedule, kids going to school)
- __2__ Units of Caffeinated (or otherwise non-water) Beverages (Sleepytime Tea is my friend)
- __0 hrs Spent Writing (boo)
- _1__ Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (school lunches aren't so fancy, but the kids seem to like them)
Today, I'm participating in What's Up Wednesday- a weekly writing meme to stay in touch.
WHAT I'M READING-
- PitchWars contest submissions. I can't believe how much Fantasy that I've received as a Mentor. Is Fantasy the biggest thing in the pub world right now?! I know that the agents participating in this particular contest haven't indicated their looking for a lot of Fantasy, but it sure seems like that's what people want to write! Which is so interesting to me. I suppose it ALWAYS comes down to good writing and a stand-out story...and I've got a ton of that in my PitchWars inbox. :)
WHAT I'M WRITING-
- Not much lately. School started for the childrens this week and it's been a bit crazy. With a pre-k, kindergarten and third grader to carpool, buying supplies, attending back to school events, etc., I haven't made much time to write. I keep telling myself that things will settle down in a week or two and I'll get some "me time" back.
WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW-
- Listening to the audio book THE ALCHEMYST: THE SECRETS OF THE IMMORTAL NICHOLAS FLAMEL. It's such a well-told story. It feels like a classic so often that when the narrator refers to modern things like football or email, it seems so out of place. Also, I really love the actor who narrates the audio version, Denis O'Hare, who plays the part of a very bad dude in HBO's TRUE BLOOD. Some books are just so much better in audio version, and I would dare say this is one of them.
WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO-
- Just trying to keep up...
What's up with you?